Is SWGE impacting your trip? Discuss your plans here!

I ended up changing out of HS for the sunday SWGE opens. I had hoped to explore toy story land, but couldn't get a slinky dog fastpass which prompted me to switch parks. We are going to come back April 2020 and focus on HS (toy story land, SWGE) I doubt we'd be able to make the AP previews.

Not sure where to put this?

But, today was my FP day (we arrive 8/30, day after SW:GE opens). I had no issue getting FP I wanted. Even 45 minutes after FP booking opened, SDD was still available for Saturday 8/31 in the evening (60+1).

Hopefully that helps calm a few people who are worried about other areas of DHS during the Opening crush.

We are going Sept 7 - 10 and can't reschedule as it revolves around my friends work trip. I go often and usually don't worry too much about which park to go to which day but I'm a little nervous about making my fast pass plans for this trip. Saturday will not be a park day. Sunday we are going to the Halloween party. Not sure what to do sunday morning or Monday or Tuesday. (leave late Tuesday. Any advice?
Our trip is September 6-12. If you are staying on site, you might consider HS early Sunday from 6am-noon, then napping before the party, and Epcot that Monday for Food and Wine and AK Tuesday, both open at 7

I booked a (fully refundable) week at the Disney Springs Best Western in September. I was surprised at how good the deal was, and hopefully indicates that Disney won't be completely bursting at the seems in every park for that time. I'm wondering if anyone here knows how early the shuttles will start running to the parks. If I'm going to take advantage of the 6am EMH, I'm going to need to get to DHS early. Anyone know if the DS shuttles will be adjusting their running times, and to what?

But, today was my FP day (we arrive 8/30, day after SW:GE opens). I had no issue getting FP I wanted. Even 45 minutes after FP booking opened, SDD was still available for Saturday 8/31 in the evening (60+1).

Hopefully that helps calm a few people who are worried about other areas of DHS during the Opening crush.

How are the tiers working for FP at DHS? I thought I read that basically all the rides would be tier 1 with shows being tier 2. Did that change happen?

How are the tiers working for FP at DHS? I thought I read that basically all the rides would be tier 1 with shows being tier 2. Did that change happen?

Yup. SDD, TSM, AS2, RnRC and ToT are all Tier 1. The only Tier 2 “ride” is Star Tours. We picked RnRC for our Tier 1. We’ll attempt TSM and SDD at park closing.

ETA: change went into effect 8/29

Thank you for this update! My FP day is tomorrow and I was worried about grabbing a SDD for our 60+3 day. Fingers crossed we see the same availability!
We are going to go for the early hours, stack our fast passes (if possible) and then leave for a long break. Coming back for dinner at Sci Fi and enjoying the park in the cool(er) evening hours.

My FP day is tomorrow and I would so love to get a FOP for 9/1, but if not we have plans to go back and do end of the night line. Fingers crossed for SDD later in the week.

Glad to hear you had such good luck!

We will be there 9/14-9/24. The vacation was planned before the announced opening. We have DAH for both MK and AK in case the whole place is mobbed. Otherwise we are going to watch to see how the first 2 weeks go. With the low crowds at DL I am hopeful that the crowds at WDW won’t be too much out of the ordinary.

Sadly, I've cancelled our Disney vacation because of SWGE. We'll be a week at Universal instead. I'm actually very excited about it though, I've never stayed AT Universal or ever given myself enough time to thoroughly tour the parks. And I'm REALLY looking forward to not scheduling a damn thing. I'm excited to try a different style of vacation. Silver lining I guess.

Sadly, I've cancelled our Disney vacation because of SWGE. We'll be a week at Universal instead. I'm actually very excited about it though, I've never stayed AT Universal or ever given myself enough time to thoroughly tour the parks. And I'm REALLY looking forward to not scheduling a damn thing. I'm excited to try a different style of vacation. Silver lining I guess.
You will love Universal Resort. It is definitely a calmer vacation. Enjoy

Yup. SDD, TSM, AS2, RnRC and ToT are all Tier 1. The only Tier 2 “ride” is Star Tours. We picked RnRC for our Tier 1. We’ll attempt TSM and SDD at park closing.

ETA: change went into effect 8/29
I am thinking this may be a contributing factor to SDD being easier to get. Coaster fans have to choose now between SDD and RNR, and for thrill seekers RNR may be the more exciting option. I don’t know if it’s an indication of crowd levels though.

I am still happy I moved my trip to August. Not so much in regards to crowds now, but because the gutting of my favorite park, Epcot, will begin before the dates I would have been there in September. I can have one last opportunity to photograph and enjoy the park before it becomes unrecognizable. I think the crowd thing could go either way. I do think some people are probably waiting for ROTR to open before visiting, and I am sure the crowds will be much worse at that time. Murphy’s Law being what it is, the ride will probably open mid December and disrupt my holiday trip. :rotfl2:

Universal is awesome for not having to plan every minute. We stayed at Royal Pacific at that express pass is AMAZING. It's like an unscheduled FP for every ride that you use whenever and however you want. Walking to the parks-extra bonus. It is definitely a more chilled out vibe over there. You will love it!

Just got SDD for 6 at 60+1 for our September 7 HS day-huge crowds expected! Bad news is we couldn't get that or Star Tours (or anything really!) except in the evening-and we plan on getting there and NOT going to GE but TSL by 6am or as soon after as possible, then leaving after our 11am ADR, and coming back about 7pm. Any takes on whether or not we can get BACK in and actually use those fast passes??!!

Just got SDD for 6 at 60+1 for our September 7 HS day-huge crowds expected! Bad news is we couldn't get that or Star Tours (or anything really!) except in the evening-and we plan on getting there and NOT going to GE but TSL by 6am or as soon after as possible, then leaving after our 11am ADR, and coming back about 7pm. Any takes on whether or not we can get BACK in and actually use those fast passes??!!

60+1 for SDD on a Saturday is awesome!!! We have 6 people and I was worried getting FP.

I have no idea on closures but there's really no way to know in advance.

I have booked a room at Pop and at Universal Endless Summer for 1 week. Staying at Endless Summer would save me 400 dollar. I don't really need the 60 day fastpass but I am worried about getting into Star Wars land and riding the Millenium Falcon if I stay at Universal and can't use the EMH.

I don't really need the 60 day fastpass but I am worried about getting into Star Wars land and riding the Millenium Falcon if I stay at Universal and can't use the EMH.
Isn't that assurance that we can get into the most popular attractions one of the things that we need the 60 day fastpass for?

Isn't that assurance that we can get into the most popular attractions one of the things that we need the 60 day fastpass for?
Last trip I could get all the fastpasses I wanted at the 30 day mark except for Slinky Dog and FOP which we did stand by at park closing.

So each person will need to answer that question for themselves. I know my family couldn't wait until park closing to ride the must-ride rides. That's a great advantage if your family can do that.

On 2 trips I was unable to get SDD at the 60 plus mark but was able to get one 3 days before and one day of for my family of 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!