Is SWGE impacting your trip? Discuss your plans here!

So.... now that they have announced the opening in Dec for the other attraction at SWGE- I'm hoping maybe some people will change their Sept plans and push it out a few months to get the "whole experience"? Maybe the announcement with have a positive effect on the crowds for Sept.

Thats the hope for us September/October folk but honestly its a crap shoot right now. The press coverage about Disneyland will be adding to peoples decisions/indecision as well.

It's definitely affecting our plans for our Nov 30th-Dec 12th trip. I've been adjusting our HS days to different days. Of course, that affects all our dining plans too.

Then Disney will announce any extension in hours for the parks & that'll change our plans again if needed. Ugh!

We are there November 30- December 8. I'm not too stressed about it. I haven't really planned on spending much time in HS, and now with this announcement even less so. Like many, I'm curious to see how busy the other parks will be on the 5th to 7th (our last three days). Might be busier, might be slower. I don't think anyone knows yet. I could stand to see Pandora with smaller crowds for a change!

We are SW fans..and so is the family...but I cancelled Dec..we were going to GF to celebrate our Anniversary....guess I am just getting old....anyway rebooked BWV for Feb. for most of the family( 3 generations)....8 of us....all adults..will tackle GE then...

So, tell me I’m not crazy! We have a trip booked Nov 27-Dec 6 (I have a work conference the first week of Dec at YC), but my husband and son were supposed to fly home Dec 3 so he didn’t miss too much school. Well, since the ROR announcement he begged to stay. So, I changed his flight and added him to the room and ADRs that I could. I just hope after all that we actually get to ride the ride!!!

Do you guys think SWGE will affect early February crowds and possible discounts offering for next year? We just booked our vacation for the first week of Feb 2020 and were hoping to get the stay, play, dine dicsount but with the opening of SWGE don't even know if that would be an option anymore

With the Dec 5 phase 2 opening, I am wondering how the crowds will be December 1 - 4. Will everybody try to pile in before the mess? Will they all wait until the 5th? Or is this being way over-hyped and not have the crowds we are all fearing and Disney is expecting?

There is no hotel availability for the first week of December, but that was the case long, long before the phase 2 opening announcement.

Since the announcement re: Galaxy's Edge, I am kind of changing up our October trip. I think we will avoid the whole "land" until later. The FP changes were also a factor.

We're schedule for Sept 2-6, so I'm hoping people will maybe hold off their plans in order to get the whole experience. We can't change our plans and have no intention to. My boys are Star Wars fans and they want to build a droid and I'm looking forward to SWGE but I'm not going to kill myself to get there if the crowds are insane. We will just enjoy other parts of HS and other parks all together since we have park hoppers. So I guess we will see when we get there. Maybe the same thing that happend at Disneyland will happen at DW with low crowds altogether in the park itself.

I have a solo trip booked for Thanksgiving through Dec. 4th. Now I can’t decide if I should try to extend my trip to leave on the 7th, or move it to the next week or just go for the gold and go over actual Christmas to New Years. What do you guys think would be best?

I have a solo trip booked for Thanksgiving through Dec. 4th. Now I can’t decide if I should try to extend my trip to leave on the 7th, or move it to the next week or just go for the gold and go over actual Christmas to New Years. What do you guys think would be best?

It depends on how big of a Star Wars fan you are! With the flexibility that a solo trip provides you can completely miss it and save yourself from the crowds (Xmas week will be MUCH worse).

Or just extend your trip and brace for impact!

We were planned to go the week of Aug 25th long before they announced the opening of GE that week. We originally were leaving the 29th, but I was able to add a day to our stay at the cabins for a good AP holder rate. But after WDW announced that only PPH would get previews (We are Gold this year). We pushed our trip back to December to the week they announced the opening of ROTFO, we now may just cancel and do next year. We were not happy with Platinum only preview, but that is fine. Crazy though that now they may think crowds will be low.

So.... now that they have announced the opening in Dec for the other attraction at SWGE- I'm hoping maybe some people will change their Sept plans and push it out a few months to get the "whole experience"? Maybe the announcement with have a positive effect on the crowds for Sept.
That's what I was hoping for, then today I see they announce MORE Free Dining for Sept. They are really trying to annoy me for this Disney trip LOL

So Star Wars is opening in the middle of my trip. I was planning on going to HS the 30th before they announced it , but I have a later night the night before due to an after hours event and was not going to rope drop. We were going to go a bit later in the day. Do you think that only galaxy’s edge might close for capacity in the morning or is there a risk they will close all of Hollywood studios down for capacity?

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post in, but do we have any reports on FP availability for those making plans this week? our FP day is tomorrow and Sat (split stay) and I'm getting anxious! :P Any hope of getting AM FP for the big rides?

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post in, but do we have any reports on FP availability for those making plans this week? our FP day is tomorrow and Sat (split stay) and I'm getting anxious! :P Any hope of getting AM FP for the big rides?
No experience firsthand (my FP day isn't till the end of July) but reports on the September 2019 board say it's been smooth sailing! People are getting everything they want, it seems. The only thing I read this morning is that FP don't seem to be available for the 8am-9am hour. Those are normal operating hours, not EMH, so not sure why that is the case.

No experience firsthand (my FP day isn't till the end of July) but reports on the September 2019 board say it's been smooth sailing! People are getting everything they want, it seems. The only thing I read this morning is that FP don't seem to be available for the 8am-9am hour. Those are normal operating hours, not EMH, so not sure why that is the case.

Thank you! I need to go browse the Sept thread!

Thank you! I need to go browse the Sept thread!

I booked my FP last Wednesday. Had no trouble with FOP, 7DMT (got it twice), Frozen, and Test Track. I didn't even try for SDD - the Hollywood Studios FPs are messed up because of the tier changes over there. On the September board and other places I follow I'm seeing similar - everyone is getting what they're looking for mostly, except for SDD and ToT (which is still operating at half capacity for refurbs).

I also did my FP last week and into this week (long stay) and had no issues at all. There was almost too much availability it was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!