Is the CBR really...

Disneynut11676

<font color=DarkSlateBlue>The Tag Fairies hope all
Was just wondering if the Caribbean Beach Resort is really that huge? I have seen the map -- what other WDW resort can it be compared to, size wise? Also, is the transportation system really bad, or is it on par with the rest of them? We will be at CBR from October 18 - 25. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The longest walk at CBR is about 10 mins. It is a beautiful walk. It depends on what you want to be near as far as recommendations for building locations. If you want to be near the food court then I would suggest Martinique or Trinidad North.

We use our car so I can't tell you about the bus. We just returned yesterday from another visit to CBR.

I thought the walk at CSR was longer than CBR but I don't think most people have a problem with walking at CBR.

We just returned from CB and really enjoyed ourselves. It is a big resort. We were in Aruba building #53. It was probably an 8-10 minute walk to the main pool and food court. This building was also about a 5 minute walk to a bus stop. We did not really love this location. We had requested Martinique or Trinidad North. We arrived at 3:00a.m. and were very happy they let us check in (no extra charge--check in is at 3:00 pm) but were unable to get the location we wanted (unless we wanted to wait) I did like the Aruba area but would have just liked to have been in building 51 which is closer to the bridge to get to the main pool and closer to Jamaica's bus stop.
We thought the transportation was very good. A lot has to do with luck/timing. It seemed like everytime we were at the bus stop the bus we wanted pulled up within minutes. We had about a ten minute wait once on the way to MK around 1:30 pm and once on the way back from Mk, maybe 10 minute again. Overall, the transportation for us was great. The busses were never too crowded and we never waited long! I also thought the CBR was close to all parks, especially MGM. It only took about 5 minutes to get there.
We have stayed at WL, POFQ and POR. I think I might like CBR the best out of the moderates we have tried so far. We liked the beaches and playgrounds. My kids also enjoyed the main pool as well as our quiet pool. I've only been back a week and want to go back!!!! Have a great trip and I think you will love the CBR.

You will love the CBR. It is our favorite, especially if we are staying for more than a few days. We usually ask for Martinique but have stayed right across the bridge and the walk to the OPR was only a few minutes long and quite pretty. I wouldn't stay in S. Trinidad as it seemed to be the longest walk and a very quiet area. We like a little more activity around us but no matter where you stay the rooms away from the street side are very quiet. The bus noise on the parking lot side can be a bit much if you are light sleepers. We are going in November and staying at the Boardwalk for three nights and then the CBR for ten days - which will feel like about three days (CBR time that is).

CBR is big but it is nice. I stayed there once in Martinique 23 and I agree that Martinique is a good area to request. On my next trip I am going to take a chance at not requesting anything, because I'll have a car and it won't matter a lot where I get placed. I might bargain with the front desk to be near a bus stop for returns from PI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter