is the change fee the same for changing just return as for the whole flight?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I am looking at options for our summer trip. We canceled a cruise and were going to go down on the original date but come back two days earlier.
Now I am thinking of putting the trip off 2 weeks, so I can get annual passes and use them on our trip at the beginning of next June.
Is the change fee the same in both scenarios--just rebooking the return, vs. the whole flight? It's on Delta. If the cost is the same, I think Ill probably just push the trip back.

I think it is the same fee (I think it's $200 plus any fare difference, of course), so long as you change both ways at the same time. You should be able to access your reservation and begin making changes. It will tell you what the fee is before you commit.

I am looking at options for our summer trip. We canceled a cruise and were going to go down on the original date but come back two days earlier.
Now I am thinking of putting the trip off 2 weeks, so I can get annual passes and use them on our trip at the beginning of next June.
Is the change fee the same in both scenarios--just rebooking the return, vs. the whole flight? It's on Delta. If the cost is the same, I think Ill probably just push the trip back.
Is it booked as a round trip ticket? If so, I think there's only one fee. If it's done as two one ways, I would expect two fees. You can call Delta to confirm.

Round trip ticket change is one fee. If you booked two separate tickets (for outbound and return), that is two change fees. In either of the OP’s scenarios, it is the same cost.

Thanks. May as well postpone the whole thing then and get the APs! Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter