Is the Dining Plan still available to..........

Are the specifics out yet? When last I checked, I couldn't add it because the 2008 plan was not out yet. Can we add it to our ressies now?

Yes you can. Here are the major changes for 2008.

For the basic plan, the gratuity is no longer included in the DDP price, so you have to pay that out of your own pocket. The appetizer is also gone from the TS meals in 2008. As a gesture of sincerity (or something :rotfl2: ), Disney reduced the price one dollar, so it's $37.99 per night for adults, and $9.99 per night for kids 3-10. The rest of the plan is the same -- one TS meal, one CS meal, and one snack each day, and you have to purchase the plan for every guest for each day of the reservation, whether everyone is there the whole time or not.

There is also a "deluxe" plan. That plan includes 3 meal credits per night and you can use them however you want (TS, CS, whatever). This plan includes the appetizer for the TS meals, but does not include the gratuity. It also includes a refillable mug for each participant. This plan is $69.99 per adult, and I believe $19.99 per child.

Here's a link to the 2008 DDP FAQ over on the DDP board for more info: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1545287

I questioned if it was of good value this year. We went with it, and it probably was a good deal cost wise. But, it influenced where we ate. We ended up paying for a lot of meals out of pocket.

I am sure it is not in 2008 for our family. Gratuity on 2 adult meals would run $15+ on $76 of food. Add in the loss of $12 in 2 appetizers. In total costing over $51 per person. That’s a 30% or more increase in my book...

DH and I have never used it because we would never eat almost $80.00 worth of food everyday. I track our spending. SO it is no way cost effective for us. Now with the changes for 2008, we will not even consider it.

We have always done the DDP. With the changes we are also trying to figure out if it is going to save us in the long run. We have yet to make a decision.

we too have always done the DDP... it was a great deal.

the kicker is that it cuts the value for adults, the app's was a nice way to broaden the dinning experience.

cutting the tip is a clear cost cutting move... and frankly a rather significant jump. if they tried to increase the cost of the plan by 15% - 20%, there would be an out cry and a big drop in sales, but by dropping the tip it would not make a big impact.

WDW, nice try guys!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter