Is the Grand Floridian Cafe any good?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by funkyspunky871, Oct 3, 2018.

1. sullyfam

sullyfam Mouseketeer

Food is good but the service can be slow, despite the fact that it's often not very crowded. With young kids, this can be challenging but if you're not in a rush and are fine with a leisurely meal, it's a good choice.

2. Ralph&Pam

Ralph&Pam DIS Veteran

We stayed at the GF for the first part of a split stay (moved to BWV, our DVC home resort) in March. Ate breakfast and lunch at the GF Cafe. Very enjoyable meals, good food, good service, Tables in Wonderland discount.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. jaiminee krikit

jaiminee krikit DIS Veteran

GFC is a hidden gem, love that place! We had Christmas breakfast there one year and it was such a pleasant way to start the day - much less chaotic than 1900PF. Excellent service, too.

5. ckb_nc

ckb_nc Mouseketeer

Great place to slow down -

6. quandrea

quandrea DIS Veteran

WAS there Tuesday. I had the shrimp cocktail and pecan apple salad. Both delicious. I’d heard service can be slow, so I mentioned to our server that we were in a bit of a rush to get Magical Express. He accommodated us so well. Got the orders in, grabbed payment quickly. We were in and out exactly as we’d hoped.

7. a742246

a742246 And, and, and I caught a fish this big!

We usually go there for lunch to break up the day at MK and to take the boat ride. Love it!

8. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

I love GFC! Its pretty, relaxing and I have enjoyed everything I have eaten there. Enjoy! Its a good choice.

9. Ladyfish77

Ladyfish77 DIS Veteran

Is the breakfast and lunch menu the same? Allears.net shows the menu as being the same for both. TIA!

10. Shelleyfs

Shelleyfs Mouseketeer

It is the same.

Ladyfish77 likes this.
  11. Miffy

Miffy DIS Veteran

Love the GFC and go there at least once a trip. OP, this may not pertain to anyone in your group, but I'm vegan and there seems to be nothing on their menu, however, there are off-menu items that they always prepare--they make the miso salmon with tofu instead, and it's one of my fave WDW dishes. Plus, great atmosphere, really nice staff, and at Christmastime the GF looks fantastic.

12. Karl66

Karl66 You can't top pigs with pigs.

Dinner there last December was very good. Would eat there again.

13. captaindavidhook

captaindavidhook <font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co

I have always wanted to eat here. How is the French toast? Some said that they are stingy with only 3 half pieces of toast.