Is the Grand Floridian Cafe any good?

funkyspunky871

Mouseketeer
Hey guys. So we've got an ADR for Grand Floridian Cafe this December on the night we get to Orlando. (We'll be staying offsite for one night and then moving to AKL for three) We don't have park tickets for this day, so we were thinking a hotel restaurant, of course.

Is the GF Cafe any good? The menu sounds delightful, and we thought it would be a good time to check out the Christmas decorations at the GF. However, any other recommendations are welcome!

It is really good. Very laid back atmosphere.

We had a great dinner there, 3 years ago though. Grand Floridian is quite pretty, such a nice resort to walk around. We were staying at the GFV and really loved it!::yes:: Enjoy the lobby, its quite beautiful, from the Gingerbread house to the Lovely tree, really gets you in the holiday spirit.:santa: Lovely time of year to visit Grand Floridan!:cheer2:

I've never been, but we are going for "brunch" in dec after all the raving reviews I received when I asked about it on here.
If you are on the DDP make sure you go after 11 so you can get dessert!!

Dinner at GFC is pretty good. I had the steak, and while it was not the best steak i've had, it was decent. The atmosphere is very pretty though.

Great post! We will be trying dinner at the GF Café for the first time this Nov. Our first day is going to be spent monorail hopping and ending up at the GF to see the Gingerbread House and decorations ;-)

It’s decent for dinner but I have heard better for breakfast. Doubt I would go back for dinner as there are too many better dinner places especially at the Grand, but I would try breakfast.

Enjoy your trip! We will be down at the VGF in December as well.

I went for lunch a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Not sure how much the menu has changed since I last went. It was a really pretty restaurant too.

Food is good bordering on very good, the atmosphere is very nice. If you have an ADR I'd keep it.:)

Hey guys. So we've got an ADR for Grand Floridian Cafe this December on the night we get to Orlando. (We'll be staying offsite for one night and then moving to AKL for three) We don't have park tickets for this day, so we were thinking a hotel restaurant, of course.

Is the GF Cafe any good? The menu sounds delightful, and we thought it would be a good time to check out the Christmas decorations at the GF. However, any other recommendations are welcome!

We have always had a great meal there! Shrimp and grits, ravioli and French onion soup are among our favorites! Enjoy!

As the other posters have stated, the GF Cafe is a nice restaurant and atmosphere with quality food and service. On a recent trip, my mom and I had lunch and enjoyed the atmosphere, friendly and attentive service, and delicious food. Enjoy!

Outstanding food, outstanding service, always easy to get a reservation, it's truly a hidden gem and has a casual elegance about it. Breakfast or lunch/dinner you can't go wrong. I always feel well taken care of here. It's also quiet in a good sort of relaxing way. Last time I had the miso salmon for lunch and it was incredible.

GF Cafe is definitely underrated! At one time or another, we have enjoyed breakfast and dinner and it has always been great! Appeals to adults and kids - great service - fun to ride the monorail to GF and hang out in the lobby. In fact, I had and ADR at Kona Cafe for breakfast, and I just changed it to GF Cafe this morning!!

Yes.

I have been there for breakfast several times. Food was very good and the atmosphere is lovely.

I've been several times, and only for the Lobster Eggs Benedicte, which are superb. It's a beautiful dining room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!