Is the last Expo always super crowded?

captaindavidhook

<font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co
Since this is my 1st Disney run, I was wondering if the last expo they have (Saturday) is always packed and crowded with loads of people. I fly in on Friday but was thinking of going to the expo Saturday instead of Friday. Any advice if Friday is the better one to attend.

Opening day more crowded and gets better as the day goes on. Then gets better day by day. Or at least that's been my experience.

I would guess that the last day of the Expo is likely to be less crowded. While the half marathon will be the largest field of Dark Side weekend, there are a few runners who ran the 5K and/or First Order Challenge and they will need to pick up their bibs before the 5K and 10K start. I also believe that half only runners who are at least considering official race merchandise will go to the Expo earlier than the last day if at all possible.

Now while I'm running all 3 Dark Side races in 2018, last year I only ran the 10K and Half. I still went to the Expo on opening day because I wanted to get it before going to the parks so as to not disrupt my in park time.

I've only done Marathon Weekend but I always go the last day (Saturday). Usually it's a great strategy except for 2017 when the half was cancelled and there was a rush on the expo to get refunds etc. That of course is unusual and it has generally worked out great for me.
The only caveat is that merchandise can definitely be thin that last day so if there is anything you have your heart set on you should go as early as you can.

If there's merchandise you want go Friday as there are no guarantees certain items will be left by Saturday. I've never gone the last day but have read it being less crowded. I have been the 2nd to last day for marathon weekend expo and there were lots of people but no waits to get bibs or anything, just sold out merchandise. We went to Dark side expo on Thursday (first day) last year but not till mid-Afternoon and while lots of people, there were no lines really for anything.

If there's merchandise you want go Friday as there are no guarantees certain items will be left by Saturday. I've never gone the last day but have read it being less crowded. I have been the 2nd to last day for marathon weekend expo and there were lots of people but no waits to get bibs or anything, just sold out merchandise. We went to Dark side expo on Thursday (first day) last year but not till mid-Afternoon and while lots of people, there were no lines really for anything.
Thank you for the feedback. I'm not really looking for that much merchandise to be honest. More or less looking to get my bib and maybe just browse around a little. Just thought I would ask since we're on the subject how long did you stay at the Expo? Just trying to gauge how long people stay. Also I really like your shirt that's a very cute looking.

I'm usually there an hour, we get our bibs/race shirts, browse/shop official race merchandise & then go through the vendor booths. We have never had to wait long for anything luckily.

Generally speaking the expo is crowded the first few hours each day and is least crowded on the Saturday of a Sunday race. Everyone doing multiple races, just the shorter races, or the challenge has already been there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!