Is the Muppet 3D movie theater closing?

It would be similar to the tower in California. But the Hollywood version thankfully has the luxury of having more space to showcase the characters. The line will be an attraction on its own. In it you will be shown the different suits that Edna Mode has made like in the first film.

An actual Edna animatronic will showcase them while sitting in a chair above the spectators. It will be similar to the Rocket Raccoon one in location. The animatronic will be in the newly rethemed study section of the line. This is where she shows the different costumes for "The Incredibles". Perhaps a few costumes will still need some more testing out though. The ride itself will show our favorite super family and Frozone testing out their different abilities in different ways. They'll be interrupted though when supervillians decide to crash the party.
Can we put this to bed now? With the formal announcement of the refurb going on as IP currently exists?

Oh yeah, that would be kept the same. It's just the theming that would be totally different than its predecessor. I love Tower of Terror, but the story actually sounds like it's better for the Incredibles retheme. And probably the retheme of the park as well.

I think the ToT still has some mileage left in her original tank, but this is an interesting overlay.

I will say have seen from at least 2 insiders most trust that this update to ToT in DHS will be to get the site back to original form and working order. There are no plans to move this to any new IP.

Where are you getting your info? I've only seen info about a shaft refurb, nothing about keeping the theming.

How does that put the rumor to bed then? It can still be rethemed to anything that has the same ride system.
Per the one insider at WDWMagic.com this is ONLY a refurb to get everything( and I am taking everything meaning theme as well) back to original condition and characterization. Actually two insiders said this.

My point is, why spend this much money to get it back as it was, and then come back in again...soon?? and re-theme. Makes no sense. I trust those insiders more than some here.

I've only seen info about a shaft refurb, nothing about keeping the theming.

That's my understanding as well. What I don't understand is what elements (mechanical, etc.) need a refurbishment and why. I think this is likely preventative maintenance.

From what I've heard "Cars Land" and "Indiana Jones" are actually bigger priorities than "The Incredibles". Disney wants to connect the park more and get rid of having to backtrack. That has been a problem since Tower and Sunset Boulevard opened in 94.

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.

From what I've heard "Cars Land" and "Indiana Jones" are actually bigger priorities than "The Incredibles". Disney wants to connect the park more and get rid of having to backtrack. That has been a problem since Tower and Sunset Boulevard opened in 94.

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.

I can definitely see Indiana Jones (if you're referring to the show at HS) needing something. I don't understand about having to backtrack being an issue at Tower and Sunset Boulevard if you're referring to HS.

I can definitely see Indiana Jones (if you're referring to the show at HS) needing something. I don't understand about having to backtrack being an issue at Tower and Sunset Boulevard if you're referring to HS.

It doesn't currently go in a complete circular pattern. Cars Land would connect with Toy Story Land creating better route patterns.

I'm usually a very positive guy, but I'm not sure about basing a whole land around 1 IP. I think they should have just did a Pixar Place expansion instead of Toy Story Land. I think it is a waste of space at a pretty small park. The whole area will be restricted to one IP on its last legs.

They could have kept Toy Story Mania and chose from a slew of others films. They could have even left land for a future attraction based on a movie that hasn’t even come out yet.

They could have kept Toy Story Mania and chose from a slew of others films. They could have even left land for a future attraction based on a movie that hasn’t even come out yet.

There's room to expand TSL to the north. I'd love to see them build a Buzz Lightyear ride there and then close the one in MK, and make that space into something more "Tomorrowland" than a space ranger toy.

There's room to expand TSL to the north. I'd love to see them build a Buzz Lightyear ride there and then close the one in MK, and make that space into something more "Tomorrowland" than a space ranger toy.

Yeah, but it is just "Toy Story". If they had real E-tickets like the "Monsters Inc Coaster" or "Crush Coaster" I'd be more excited about the land. But having ordinary run of mill attractions and basing it off just "Toys" seems limiting for the distant future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter