Is the Muppet 3D movie theater closing?

If they redid RnR with a Muppet Theme, it would make sense to keep all of the Muppets together. I personally would love this.

Yea I think could make a nice new miniland. Giving it's lack of major popularity think a small miniland would be suited for it. RnRC coudl get themed to Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, then put a new Muppetivision type show in the Cars theatre next door. That just kind of feels like it's a temp thing as is anyhow so could see them replace it in a few years. Add a Muppettheed dining location, likely QS, and the area would work great. I agree with others I wouldn't touch Tower of Terror but could see a Muppet hotel theme working well for the ride to if they wanted but rather keep it as a haunted tower or something.

With Kermit here prominently in the logo, I think you can say Muppets are safe for now.

You can't base the Muppets safety on this one logo. Edna Mode is in the logo and she's only been a part of a block party.

Alright conspiracy theory, judging from the 30th logo. …maybe these are the future lands.

Frozen
Incredibles
Galaxy's Edge
Muppets
Toy Story Land

Agree that the appearance on a logo doesn't guarantee any safety. Especially as it's a 30th anniversary logo and don't see Muppets leaving in the next couple years anyway as they will need everything open that they can for the initial Star Wars crowds. Once the 30th anniversary passes that logo doesn't mean anything. So Muppets could theoretically be pulled in a year and still make that logo valid.

While I agree that it does not lock Muppets as safe, I find it interesting the choices made. Added incredible area, added TSL, added SWL, Sing along with Frozen was added a few years ago.... and. Muppets. Now Muppets are old, I am hoping beyond hope that they add some work to the show at least to help entertain crowds waiting for SWL.

Perhaps they are just trying to make money off of the Muppets before they get rid of them. That is hopefully what they are doing with Figment in Epcot. Sell as many t-shirts and cups with his purple face on it and than replace his purple booty.

Perhaps they are just trying to make money off of the Muppets before they get rid of them. That is hopefully what they are doing with Figment in Epcot. Sell as many t-shirts and cups with his purple face on it and than replace his purple booty.
I think they learned long ago that they can never get rid of Figment, update the ride, yes, but get rid of Figment, no, he has to stay. I think updating with Phineas and Ferb and bringing Dreamfinder back somehow would be a great remodel, but definitely must keep Figment.

I hope the Muppets are the same, again, update the show, even change locations, sure, but don't get rid of them.

Since my idea to re-theme RnR with Dr. Teeth & Electric Mayhem seems to have gained traction in other threads, I'll just throw this out there. Here's how you can save the Muppet Theater, and frankly the idea has been right in front of us all along (are you ready?);

PIGS . . . IN . . . S P A C E !!
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Pigs_in_Space

I know, brilliant, right? Just replace a lot of the Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker bit, revamp the Ms. Piggy bit, and end with Pigs in Space - BOOM, it fits right in with Star Wars to all but the biggest geeks. You could even still destroy the theater, but with space junk instead of a cannon. Keep Stadler and Waldorf right where they are but mix up the jokes so it's different ever show.

Edit to add;
You guys, Season 4, episode 1, Gonzo as Dearth Nadir...just sayin'.
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Dearth_Nadir
There's already a Disney Pin collection and everything.
MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

Last edited:
Since my idea to re-theme RnR with Dr. Teeth & Electric Mayhem seems to have gained traction in other threads, I'll just throw this out there. Here's how you can save the Muppet Theater, and frankly the idea has been right in front of us all along (are you ready?);

PIGS . . . IN . . . S P A C E !!
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Pigs_in_Space

I know, brilliant, right? Just replace a lot of the Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker bit, revamp the Ms. Piggy bit, and end with Pigs in Space - BOOM, it fits right in with Star Wars to all but the biggest geeks. You could even still destroy the theater, but with space junk instead of a cannon. Keep Stadler and Waldorf right where they are but mix up the jokes so it's different ever show.

Edit to add;
You guys, Season 4, episode 1, Gonzo as Dearth Nadir...just sayin'.
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Dearth_Nadir
There's already a Disney Pin collection and everything.
MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

Interesting idea, as long as they get rid of the 3d character in the film I'd be up for anything. Heck I'd take a Muppets "Godfather" retheme.

Gonzo could say "Leave the gun – take the chicken"

Interesting idea, as long as they get rid of the 3d character in the film I'd be up for anything. Heck I'd take a Muppets "Godfather" retheme.

Gonzo could say "Leave the gun – take the chicken"

They can always kill Waldo off like Sonny or Fredo.

They can always kill Waldo off like Sonny or Fredo.

It would be an either transition for Mama Melrose too. It could be the place where Michael/Kermit had to get a gun from the toilet and off someone LOL.

Well this is certainly a fun rabbit hole. I did a You Tube search for "Pigs in SPACE!!" and pretty much filled my afternoon. Not only was that good, but it holds up IMHO. Here's the episode where Mark Hamill, C3P0 and R2D2 guest hosted;

Last edited:
Why not produce a new film for this area? Maybe a meet or greet do something...the muppets show in the magic kingdom is so awesome

Why not produce a new film for this area? Maybe a meet or greet do something...the muppets show in the magic kingdom is so awesome

Disney would say that they are keeping it because it was the last thing Jim Henson was involved with. But the truth is they are just really cheap and like to milk things for every single drop.

Just saw that the Muppetvison renovation has been "confirmed" at the site that shall not be linked. Anyone have a better source?

Just saw that the Muppetvison renovation has been "confirmed" at the site that shall not be linked. Anyone have a better source?
I heard a two week refresh for new seats and curtains I’ve also heard it could go into ‘seasonal operations mode’ when it reopens

😥
No one like puppets any more.

my kids were givena healthy dose of Muppet Mania.

Looks like no FP the first week of Feb as of now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!