Is the Muppet 3D movie theater closing?

Speak for yourself. Plenty of people spent a full day there when DHS was a studio park.

That is bull poop, you know that Hollywood hasn't been that good since its inception. It has always been the redheaded stepchild of the theme parks. Even Animal Kingdom has surpassed it with Pandora.

That is bull poop, you know that Hollywood hasn't been that good since its inception. It has always been the redheaded stepchild of the theme parks. Even Animal has surpassed it with Pandora.
Again whatever floats your boat. There are plenty of people who like the old DHS. Had it been updated consistently it could've been good.

Of course AK surpassed DHS in its current form thats not hard. AK should pass Epcot too at this point.

Again whatever floats your boat. There are plenty of people who like the old DHS. Had it been updated consistently it could've been good.

Of course AK surpassed DHS in its current form thats not hard. AK should pass Epcot too at this point.

Obviously not enough people liked the old Hollywood because they're redoing the whole park now (ala DCA). It has been updated as well, they tried putting in new hollywood-esque attractions to fit your old Hollywood and many of them failed miserably. Like Light Motors Action, the Backstage tour, Doug, Who wants to be a millionaire or whatever lousy movie they put in the Jack Sparrow building.

Anybody want to watch a Prince Caspian attraction?.... No I don't think so. They need to stick with what they're good at and that's lands set to movies and themes. Not temporary thrills like Honey I shrunk the kids, Dick Tracy, Power Rangers, Flight of the Navigator, Herbie Fully Loaded, Golden Girls or Thunder in Paradise.

There are plenty of people (me included) that still spend a full day at HS. Well, I haven't been since TSL opened, but even in the last few years, I could easily spend a full day there and not finish all I wanted. Lots to do.

Just reading through all the threads in the TPAS boards over the last few years that brought it up, just as many people would say yes to a full day there as those that said no.

Obviously not enough people liked the old Hollywood because they're redoing the whole park now (ala DCA). It has been updated, they tried putting in new hollywood-esque attractions and many of them failed miserably. Like Light Motors Action, the Backstage tour, Doug, Who wants to be a millionaire or whatever lousy movie they put in the Jack Sparrow building.

Anybody want to watch a Prince Caspian attraction?.... No I don't think so. They need to stick with what they're good at and that's lands set to movies and themes. Not temporary thrills like Honey I shrunk the kids, Dick Tracy, Power Rangers, Flight of the Navigator, Herbie Fully Loaded or Thunder in Paradise.
Like I said in my previous post if they updated aspects it would've worked better but things weren't much like Epcot today as well. Epcot could've still worked as intended if it was given the funding necessary.

We will just look forward to hearing more crazy rumors.

There are plenty of people (me included) that still spend a full day at HS. Well, I haven't been since TSL opened, but even in the last few years, I could easily spend a full day there and not finish all I wanted. Lots to do.

Just reading through all the threads in the TPAS boards over the last few years that brought it up, just as many people would say yes to a full day there as those that said no.

Either you're a slow walker or you sleep at the parks. Because there is no way you can spend a whole day at this park. All this place has now is short rides and stale shows.

It's one of the three remaining DHS attractions that I did on my first visit there in April 1990 and I still love it. (Star Tours and Indiana Jones being the other two).
ON EDIT: in fact, checking on Wikipedia it didn't open until 1991 so I guess my memory is playing tricks!

Either you're a slow walker or you sleep at the parks. Because there is no way you can spend a whole day at this park. All this place has now is short rides and stale shows.
Thats your opinion and people are allowed to have their own. Like I said and others have now said you can spend an entire day at this park. I suggest you give this issue up.

Nope, neither of those. There's just plenty there that interests me. I'll admit that I do tend to ride RnR and Tot 2 or 3 times each, usually all with FPs though. Just because you can't spend a full day there, doesn't mean others can't. Not sure what's so hard to grasp about that.
I don't usually spend a whole lot of time at Epcot, but I can see how others can. Different interests for different people, easy concept.

Nope, neither of those. There's just plenty there that interests me. I'll admit that I do tend to ride RnR and Tot 2 or 3 times each, usually all with FPs though. Just because you can't spend a full day there, doesn't mean others can't. Not sure what's so hard to grasp about that.
I don't usually spend a whole lot of time at Epcot, but I can see how others can. Different interests for different people, easy concept.

Don't mind disneysource, he or she is just really... passionate about Disney. Yeah, I'll use the word passionate. Some might say he or she is the most passionate person they have ever seen.

Last edited:
But I grew up with them, and I would guess they don't have that sort of appeal to younger generations who didn't? Shame.

My 4 and 5 year old sons would disagree! They love The Muppets and Muppets Most Wanted (the latest movies.) In fact, when we visited Santa today they both asked for a toy Constantine. But unfortunately I don’t think the movies did as well as Disney hoped for - at least, that’s what I’m assuming due to their lack of presence in the parks. My kids were super bummed that the Muppets shop had nothing Walter or Constantine for sale.

I don't think Muppets are longed to be around for too many years in the parks.

Best case i think will be that the show in Magic Kingdom stays. That courtyard will Probably keep its theme but I wonder what IP could go there instead.

That is bull poop, you know that Hollywood hasn't been that good since its inception. It has always been the redheaded stepchild of the theme parks. Even Animal Kingdom has surpassed it with Pandora.
With due respect, my family and I always scheduled a full day at DHS, with the shows and rides it was always a full day event. Now, with some transition going on I could see the argument stating it is not, but then again, once SW:GE opens and MMRR opening- it may be a 2 day park to get to do it all for a while.

My only real issue is the loss of the drawing studio, my kids and I loved to do that every visit.

I don't think Muppets are longed to be around for too many years in the parks.

Best case i think will be that the show in Magic Kingdom stays. That courtyard will Probably keep its theme but I wonder what IP could go there instead.
I will disagree here as well. I think Muppets is needed in this park. To go soley on SW or Toy story would really make this park to lopsided IMO. You need some variation to please the larger crowd, and Muppets are still a huge fun area for smaller kids. To me the dire, dire need is to fix Indian Jones - either update the show or replace it with the ride...and do something totally new to the park with animation area. We need adds, not replacements for this park.

I will disagree here as well. I think Muppets is needed in this park. To go soley on SW or Toy story would really make this park to lopsided IMO. You need some variation to please the larger crowd, and Muppets are still a huge fun area for smaller kids. To me the dire, dire need is to fix Indian Jones - either update the show or replace it with the ride...and do something totally new to the park with animation area. We need adds, not replacements for this park.
I’ll also add that Muppet Babies is on Disney Junior so the IP is relevant with kids.

If that means so much why haven’t they already put Monsters in the parks more than they already have?

There are Monsters Inc attractions all over the world. Japan, Orlando, Anaheim. Plus the door coaster has been rumored for ages, because people actually want to see it. I love the Muppets, but their time has passed. I don't see any rumors of the muppets anywhere, except in ways to get rid of them.

There are Monsters Inc attractions all over the world. Japan, Orlando, Anaheim. Plus the door coaster has been rumored for ages, because people actually want to see it. I love the Muppets, but I don't see any rumors of the muppets anywhere else, except to get rid of them.
I don’t see any credible rumors anywhere of the muppets leaving DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!