Is the Park Hopper Worth It If

we love park hoppers. we normally get to our desired park at rope drop, stay until early afternoon, head back to the room for some down time, then onto another park for the evening.

Park Hoppers are the only way to go with us! We go every year for about 8-10 days. (And I've been going annually since I was a little kid - 1985.)
My husband always says, "Don't cheap out at Disney." He'd rather skip a year and save up the extra money than have to be super strictly budgeted. (Although we haven't skipped yet - haha!)

Honestly, this is so subjective based on your own family's touring style.

For example, on a DHS day, we walk over to Epcot for food - every time. (Not fans of the dining options at DHS.) And depending on which resort we're staying at, we like that flexibility to head in and out of whatever park is right nearby. (We're DVC.) This upcoming trip we're at Beach Club. For sure I'm going to be trying to catch my beloved Illuminations a few times, as it's the last trip I'll be able to see it. :sad: I like that I'll be able to easily jump into World Showcase any night, regardless of the park I went to that day.

On the other hand, I helped some friends plan a trip (that will overlap with ours.) It's going to be their first trip ever. They have very limited time. (Three park days total.) I advised them to not get PH's since I don't want them to lose the time of moving from one park to another. If I personally was going on a short trip, I'd still get PH, but then again, I've gone my whole life, know what I'm doing and where I'm going. If I miss out an hour here or there hopping, it's no big deal because I know I'm coming back again before long. Whereas for these friends of ours (from Lithuania) might not be getting another Disney trip in soon.

But in the end, I'm PH all the way, with VERY few exceptions!

:)

Honestly, when they get rid of phs, they lose me as a guest. The flexiblity offered by them is worth their weight in gold, and we end most evenings in Epcot. Illuminations is our jam.

PH's for sure, unless we get AP's. There's no way we'd go, without the freedom to go to whichever park where/when/ how we want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter