Is the Skyliner worth it for Disney?

First you say that the Skyliner is a financial disaster because Disney is discounting the Riviera then later you say Disney has increased the room prices for CBR and the other resorts on the Skyliner as compared to other comparable resorts not on the Skyliner.

As others have said, your local sky resort is not charging $83 to ride up the mountain they are charging you to ski down the mountain. This covers their operating costs including ski lift, employees, ski run maintenance etc.

Generating electricity at a central location is cheaper and less polluting than burning diesel or even LNG at many points (i.e. buses).

The balance between fossil fuels vs solar used by Disney. However Disney does use solar and has become cost competitive with fossil.

The bus drivers require a CDL. Our local county school board is begging for bus drivers. The boarding people required no such special certification. You only need a handful of people to maintain the system.

To the OP:
As noted, the answers to questions 1-6 : none of your business, or our business. Some of those numbers may be released in their annual reports. In a multi-billion dollar business, I'm sure they did a cost/benefit analysis before any of this was built.
Amortized over "x" number of years, I have to belienve it is far cheaper than buses. Hence, they are cutting back buses to the resorts it serves.
The prices of the resorts it serves have gone up. Not really a surprise. This was speculated long before the SkyLiner opened as this increases the demand for those resorts.
SWGE is a failure? Since RoTR opened, boarding passes are gone within an hour? Would you fell better if they followed Universal with Hagrids rides and wait times of over 6 hours? Does that make it a success? Spend $100+ for a ticket to spend most of the day in line for one ride? I give Disney credit for finding a different option to manage the line more efficiently and let you do other things while waiting.
Riviera is not selling well? The numbers they release show it selling very well. However, I suspect the resale restrictions may be hurting sales to some degree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter