Is there a best day to go to DC

Riverview

Mouseketeer
We will be in Orlando for a full week is there any day that is better than another? Also how good of a swimmer should you be to do the Dolphin Experience?
Thanks Riverview :smooth: :bounce: :p :bounce: :wave:

I obviously don't have access to official attendance figures, but my guess is that, because Discovery Cove is so popular and because attendance is capped each day, the crowds are pretty consistent day to day. So it probably doesn't matter which day you go.

You don't have to be much a swimmer at DC because the wet suit vests they issue you are very buoyant. In fact, they're more life preservers than wet suits, really.

For the dolphin swim you probably need to be able to tread water (for the deep water portion) for max 10 minutes, more like 5. When I did it with my daughter (7), she just hung on to me, my swim vest kept us both up. She had a wetsuit on, didn't seem to give her much float by herself.

Thanks Kelly I love your book and it came in less than 1 week. ABBSMOM thanks for the info, unfortunately I am the poor swimmer My DD is half fish.
Riverview :smooth: :bounce: :p :bounce: :wave:

Last year we went on a Sunday and it was great. This year we will go on a Sat. The attendace is limited to 1000 and if you watch the DC site weekdays seem to fill up. Just get there early when the park opens for an early morning Dolphin swim..

We went on Sat, May 12. I think a weekend day is your best bet if you are also going to WDW and Universal, since these parks usually are more crowded on the weekends, we went to DC on those days when we knew there would be a crowd limit. (On our day, DC was booked to capacity and you still felt like you had your own "secret" park!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!