Is there a better time to check disney.com for hotel room vacancies

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello: Is there a better chance of getting a room vacancy by checking the disneyworld.com after midnight? Just wondering if that is when the cancellations for the day will show up, anyone know.

Deb.

There really isn't a good time to check for cancellations, to my knowledge, other than right before the cancellation deadline, which I don't believe Disney has. You will just have to check back as often as you think about it (every 3-4 days) to see if there are any openings. If you don't see anything on the website, call.

I'm not sure how it works, I'd just keep checking if there's a specific resort you want to book as people could cancel at any time for any reason. Or a room could free up because someone decided to swap to a different resort. I booked CBR because our favourite, POFQ didn't show any availability, but I kept checking and one day it showed up as available so I called and changed resorts.

If you are calling in, high call volume is during lunch hours ( typically 11a-2p est ). I had to call during my lunch a few weeks ago because I had a question and had no other time to dial in and the wait time was over 20 minutes. I've called other times, later in the day around 6p est and had little to no wait time.

If you're scanning the computer - again, I've personally had the best luck later in the day, around 6p est or later.

If using your PC, doubt that it matters. The website probably updates the vacancies in real time so someone might be cancelling a reservation while someone else is making one. Only if they were doing batch updating of the information would that matter. Online is usually faster then calling the disney phone line.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter