Is there a difference

If someone said either of those to me I'd take it one in the same. But I don't get too caught up in semantics so don't go by me. :blush: Expressing that you are appreciative is the main objective.

If you want the best of both worlds maybe say ...

I appreciate you and everything you have done.

I appreciate you - is acknowledging the person. Sounds weird to me though.

I appreciate everything - you are acknowledging what they do. This sounds more natural to me.

see everything could be taken the wrong way, just dont get them a card, and next time you see them, give them a nod and say hey

This sounds like a trick question that I would get from certain relatives of mine. I know someone who would nitpick which one someone said to her and then come to the conclusion that "he wasn't grateful enough". As a result, I'm going to steer very clear of this conversation, because I know from my experiences with her that there's no good answer to give, either way I'd lose.

Now I am thinking that maybe you are writing a thank you note? If so, maybe go with both and say "I appreciate you for being you, and I appreciate all that you do for me"

"You mean so much to me. I truly appreciate everything that you have done."

'appreciate you' does not really seem to come across as heartfelt or natural.

But, on the receiving end of either comment... I would take it at face value as a positive, and never get hung up on semantics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!