Is there a February 2019 Car Rental thread?

I'm surprised that rental rates are so high. You would think with Disney now charging so much to park that it would have an impact. I know I refuse to pay $150 in parking fees for our trip. It's just the principle of it, I'm paying over $400 a night with my PH discount, but I still have to pay for parking. I'll just use Uber or Lyft when I just don't have the patience to wait for the bus.

Well, some of us would prefer to stay offsite (free parking at my hotel) and pay for parking at the parks, rather than pay exorbitant on-site hotel prices! $400, yikes! Plus, not everyone in Orlando is going to Disney - there are lots of conventions, etc.

Can you turn it off and just use cash with budget?

Yes, you can, but I am picking up DH at the Tampa airport and I think there may be some electronic only points near there. I will find out in a few weeks! We got caught a few years ago in Seattle on a bridge with a Budget rental. (I blame DH, my navigator for that one)

We got caught a few years ago in Seattle on a bridge with a Budget rental. (I blame DH, my navigator for that one)

Darn that 520 bridge.

Take I90 to cross the water instead next time.

Definitely check out the Tampa thing. I remember NO tolls when we flew into Tampa once a few years ago, but we might have just navigated in a toll-free way.

Oh and thank you for the answer. I have a Budget booking, and was worried I wouldn’t be able to turn it off. It’s why I asked.

Seeing some rates dropping slightly for Princess weekend (2/20 - 2/25). Budget through carrentalsavers.com is $218. Still a couple dollars more than my current Avis rate.

Well, some of us would prefer to stay offsite (free parking at my hotel) and pay for parking at the parks, rather than pay exorbitant on-site hotel prices! $400, yikes!

I guess I just like to be totally immersed in the Disney bubble. Wasn’t trying to offend anyone. Jeesh

My rates dropped again today. Feb 16-23 However, it is for a truck. Not a big deal since it will just be two of us.

Seeing some rates dropping slightly for Princess weekend (2/20 - 2/25). Budget through carrentalsavers.com is $218. Still a couple dollars more than my current Avis rate.

Got a full size with Alamo today using the AP code and the AD3868JST coupon ($25 off) for $190.85. Plus 5% back in ebates.

We got to our resort after midnight and they still charged us for the entire day of parking. They said they charge based on your reservation, not when you arrive. The nickle and diming is annoying

We got to our resort after midnight and they still charged us for the entire day of parking. They said they charge based on your reservation, not when you arrive. The nickle and diming is annoying

Yes, the parking is a “per night” fee.

If only if were just nickles and dimes and not jacksons and benjies.

STICKER SHOCK
My alamo rental is to begin Saturday (16-23). I was hoping for a BIG last minute price drop. NOOOOOO it is $150 more than my current reservation!!!!!! UGH. I guess I'll be happy with my overpriced $211 reservation. I have tried with 3 different coupons and also using Costco and Passholder codes in every possible combination along with deleting my cookies.

STICKER SHOCK
My alamo rental is to begin Saturday (16-23). I was hoping for a BIG last minute price drop. NOOOOOO it is $150 more than my current reservation!!!!!! UGH. I guess I'll be happy with my overpriced $211 reservation. I have tried with 3 different coupons and also using Costco and Passholder codes in every possible combination along with deleting my cookies.

Yes, I'm really late booking things for this trip compared to past vacations--I'd gladly take an overpriced $211 reservation! :teeth: We're looking at the 15-25, fingers crossed prices might still come down a bit.

ETA--oops, I have too many windows open, thought I was commenting on the March thread...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter