• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a link to view the medals this year?

goofeygirl

DIS Veteran
I am in for the half for marathon weekend in DW and SW weekend in DL for the 10k and half the following week.

I am DYING to see what the medals look like!

Thanks that worked!

I was really wishing they would add more color to the medals. In 2012 the Donald Duck medal was beaming with color and it was so nice...I have it hanging on my wall and it stands out against any other medal with its vibrant colors.

I am not doing the Dopey this year but last year I was disappointed, I think for the inaugural run, they should have went all out for that medal. It is kind of boring...even this years medals are not that fantastic looking.

However the Goofy is nice...

I just wish they would go back to that COLOR. Of course, I think when I did the Donald, it was an anniversary year. Then I did the Goofy a couple of years ago and it was another anniversary year and the Mickey Mouse medal was very cool.
So perhaps that is why. They wait till its an anniversary year like a decade or 20 years or so and then create a cool medal.

Anyway..even the SW medals are so so looking IMO.

Seems to me that they put color in the anniversary medals or maybe an inaugural medal. I did see some color in the Dumbo Double Dare medals.

As a Star Wars fan, I'm thrilled with the medals. I wish I could do a Kid's Race for the R2-D2 one. The medals fit almost perfectly with the theme of the race.

While not a big stormtrooper fan, I'm fine with how they handled that design. The medal looks good and I like the ribbon looking like their armor.

The Rebel Challenge medal is based on the symbols of the Jedi Order and the Rebel Alliance. The ribbons just feels like it's straight out of Star Wars to me. I love the idea of the Yoda and Darth Vader spinner.

The 1/2 medal could not be more perfect since it's clearly inspired by the Medal of Bravery that Princess Leia gave Luke Skywalker and Han Solo at the end of Star Wars. And since Chewbacca somehow didn't get a medal at the end of the movie, the fact that the ribbon is clearly based off his fur and bandolier is just perfect.

Now I just need to earn them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter