Is there a pre-planning office w/ DLH concierge?

tinknsnow

Mouseketeer
At WDW, the PPO helps organize your upcoming trip by setting up character meal and other PS, any show tickets, or any special occasions/celebrations you might have. Is there something similar for the DL resort concierge level?

Thanks. :flower:

I ahve been staying concierge at WDW for years and we tried conceirge at the DLH and found it to be very basic and not worth any extra money. They do have planning but it is not something you could not do through you travel agent or calling yourself and the lounge was very basic. The offerings were not much more than cheese and crackers (yes there were a few more things) and nothing like the concierge offerings at WDW resorts.

Thanks, Tikiman

I have read similar lackluster reports about the DL resort concierge but we decided to try since we got the room at only $5-10 bucks extra per night.

I love WDW concierge and wouldn't do it any other way... I guess I'll have low expectations and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm so excited to try out DL that it won't matter!

BTW, thanks for your awesome site. It has really helped me as we plan our first Poly stay next January. :sunny: We couldn't quite swing the cost of LVC so we're trying GV. Still haven't quite figured out which floor to hope for... :earsgirl:

Yeah for that price why not. I was going to try it at the Grand Californian this weekend but I spoke to an Imagineer friend who has tried it a the GC and said the concierge was not worth it there either but than he is spoiled by the Polynesian Concierge. I paid for a concierge suite at DLH and it was $650 a night and the lounge was on an upper floor of a whole different building so it was not convenient and the offerings were very minimal but for the price you are getting it will be a nice little extra.

As far as the Polynesian goes, there are many great garden view rooms there. In fact some of the garden view rooms are better than water views at other resorts. There are even a few that have partial views of the lagoon and the castle.

Tikiman said:
I paid for a concierge suite at DLH and it was $650 a night and the lounge was on an upper floor of a whole different building so it was not convenient and the offerings were very minimal

Ouch!
That seems really inconvenient.
Did you like the DLH otherwise? We are very used to the WL at WDW and thought the the DLH would be a nice change. The GC looks gorgeous.

Yes the DLH was great and it was before they renovated the rooms so I am sure it is even better. We just wanted to try the GC but I would have been happy at the DLH also. I am not a fan of the Paradise Pier and I would never stay at one of the other places around DL again. Even though they are close it was so hard getting across the street through the traffic. There is nothing like the location of the DLH or the GC and either walking or using the monorail. The DLH has some great shops and food and it is fun to walk around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter