Is there a vacation week in October?

DinaF

Earning My Ears
Hi, folks! I'm from New York, but have a questions for you Brits.:D

I'm planning my vacation for the fall and heard from a friend that there is one week in October when several thousand people from England vacation in WDW. Is this true, and if so, which week?

Thanks in advance for your responses!;)

Hi DinaF

You sure heard right. We have a 'midterm' in October, here it's the third week and the schools are closed. I am in Scotland but i'm sure it's the same in England.

DianF
I would n't worry too much, I don't think well get in anybodys way, well all be sitting drinking tea waiting for the ride lines to reduce !!! :) complaing about the weather :D

Seriously, Virgin fly three 747 a day into Orlando, BA 1 and there are 5-6 charters each day so theres probably around 3000 brits a day hitting orlando 7 days a week.

SSo with approx 21,000 brits there a any one time we could probably declare Orlando a small British Town!;)

Then we'd make a mess of the place ! :cool:

Hey, Dave, I certainly hope you don't have to complain about the Florida weather in October! What's wrong, not enough chilly dampness for ya?

Well, I had orignally and inadvertently planned my vacation for "Jersey Week" in November, but heard on other boards that it gets VERY crowded that week. So now it looks like I'll be vacationing with a bunch of Brits instead! (how much damage could a few thousand of you possibly inflict, anyway?)

BTW, you guys don't still have that urge to declare your own towns on foreign soil, do you?;)

Cheers!:)

Well Dina,

it <b>was</b> a hard habit to break, but I think we've got that declaration stuff under control now ;)

Penny!

Hi,
For all those Brits reading I,m bigkid incogneto and I will be amongst those Brits along with wife and kids there in october

:bounce:

Hi BigKid, sorry, oldtimer,
I'll be there in October aswell, with so many of us Brits, it'll be like home from home :)

Add another two!
We won't be cluttering up WDW too much though, we'll be FOTL - ing at HRH.:D

We have half term from Monday 22nd October for a week, at my local schools. I'm sure there are quite a few people who will take a week extra either before or after that week.

Four more Brits coming over to Orlando for 'Brit Week' here.:D

I trust you'll all have your lime green ribbons. :D

Ummmm, pardon me for asking, but errr...lime green ribbons?
:confused:
I've seen a couple of mentions of these ribbons, what are they for?
(doncha just love newbies ;) )

DISers attach a lime-green ribbon somewhere (bags, T-shirts or hats seem to be popular choices) so that they can recognise eachother in the parks.
If you wear one you should make it big and noticeable, so that you can be picked out of a crowd.

Hope this cleared it all up :D .

Much clearer now, thank-you :D
I shall be sure to get some for our October trip.

Since there is going to be so many of us there I think that I will get a few ribbons too.

See ya all there!!!:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter