Is There a Weight Limit for the Pullman Bed?

Princess Katelet

Mouseketeer
The pullman drops from the ceiling, correct? Is there a weight limit?? Is it a normal twin size bed? Does anyone have a picture of it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
There is no height restriction on the Pullman berths, but the bed length is 1.98 m (76”). Max. weight is 300 lbs. I think it's the same size as a twin.

Thanks. It makes me really nervous that there aren't any support legs on the outer side of the bed, and really not even on the inner side. There's simply a HINGE. Scary.

I’m not fully understanding of the physics of the bed (then again I’ve never really explored the physics of it either) but it seems to work. I don’t like having my head that close to the ceiling though.

Since there’s three of you, if you don’t need the bed at all just make sure the attendant keeps it tucked away for you.

This is an Oasis Class

498211435803185.jpg

stateroom2.jpg

I’m not fully understanding of the physics of the bed (then again I’ve never really explored the physics of it either) but it seems to work. I don’t like having my head that close to the ceiling though.

Since there’s three of you, if you don’t need the bed at all just make sure the attendant keeps it tucked away for you.

When it was three of us (and again in a few weeks) we used the sofabed. The steward set it up each night and it was comfortable for DS (who is an adult). It was nicer than bunk because it was wide more like a double. Then first thing in morning he put it all back away.

SAM_2613.JPG

This is exactly what we had on Allure last August. Worked fine for the four of us. If Katelet has this configuration everything should be good.

I do have the above configuration. I hadn't thought about using the sofa bed as I worried it would take up so much space (and it does judging from the pics) and I was worried it might not be comfy. I guess we need to wait and see and test both the pullman and the sofa out. It will be tough getting ready in the morning though with the sofa out... How early can you get the steward to put it back?

It is a little tight in that area, but to paraphrase Ian Malcolm, cruisers, uh, find a way.

The area between the main bed and the wall is generally enough space to change, as is the area between bed and closet. Worst case scenario is the “do not try this at home” option of changing on top of the main or sofa bed. Space is at a premium in most cabins, so do what you gotta.

I do have the above configuration. I hadn't thought about using the sofa bed as I worried it would take up so much space (and it does judging from the pics) and I was worried it might not be comfy. I guess we need to wait and see and test both the pullman and the sofa out. It will be tough getting ready in the morning though with the sofa out... How early can you get the steward to put it back?

If you look at the open and the top picture I posted with it closed you really don't lose much space. The bunk is fine if who ever is sleeping on it feels it's enough for them. We used it once for a 13 year old. Good thing is you will have a choice.

I guess I don't even understand WHY cruise cabins are so small. Why aren't they the size of hotel rooms?? I realize the bigger they are the fewer you can put on a ship, but is that so bad? There are plenty of small ships that do well like the Disney Magic and Wonder. Why do they build huge ones like Oasis and instead of putting bigger rooms in it, they just put the same small ones in and carry more people. My point with the Magic and Wonder is that clearly ships with fewer rooms still make a profit.

I guess I don't even understand WHY cruise cabins are so small. Why aren't they the size of hotel rooms?? I realize the bigger they are the fewer you can put on a ship, but is that so bad? There are plenty of small ships that do well like the Disney Magic and Wonder. Why do they build huge ones like Oasis and instead of putting bigger rooms in it, they just put the same small ones in and carry more people. My point with the Magic and Wonder is that clearly ships with fewer rooms still make a profit.

For us to cruise on Disney it would cost DOUBLE what I pay for RCI.

I don't mind smaller rooms since I spend hardly time in them. If you need more space there is always the option of booking a suite. If all rooms were double the size so would the price. Cruising with a family of 5 is expensive enough.

This is an Oasis Class

498211435803185.jpg

stateroom2.jpg

We are back.

Harmony of the Seas was not like Oasis.
We had same basic room & location.
Sofa was more a daybed with removable back pillows.
Did not fold open bigger like Oasis.
Totally a twin size.
Another twin size trundle pulled out from under.
Steward never put sofa back together so ...
we looked at daybed all week so lost sofa.
No big as we were usually gone or on balcony ...

Attachments

• 493DF876-6327-48BD-9EA5-D9767EBB40C9.jpeg
    493DF876-6327-48BD-9EA5-D9767EBB40C9.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 29C619DF-3F91-48E8-B31D-0CB2FB8AFDD2.jpeg
    29C619DF-3F91-48E8-B31D-0CB2FB8AFDD2.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 497A8DFD-6458-4877-96C5-FBDE25C63740.jpeg
    497A8DFD-6458-4877-96C5-FBDE25C63740.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 17
So interesting! Did the second part raise up to meet the original part so you could have a double bed? My daughter (adult) ended up using the sofa bed and not the pullman. When the steward pulled it out it looked quite rickety and it seemed noisy with all the metal. I wished we didn't have it at all as the creaking of the ceiling was bad and probably having that bed up there and not a solid ceiling didn't help. I had no idea ships were so noisy and creaky! Sometimes in the morning before the sofa became a sofa again we would just walk across the room on the bed and sofa bed as though they were floors. That tiny space when both are set up was awful. My sister's room steward set her sofa bed up the wrong way each night...she had them sleeping the same direction as those on the bed! In other words she had them sleeping lengthwise on the shortest part!

Did you prefer Harmony or Oasis?

So interesting! Did the second part raise up to meet the original part so you could have a double bed?

Did you prefer Harmony or Oasis?

We were not using the trundle so I didn't look too close but it did not appear you could lift it up. I think the thought process is to provide 2 single sleeping places not another double sleeping space.

TOUGH Question and one we have discussed last few days even during the cruise.

The ships are very similar in layout and design. Overall not much difference there.

The Harmony cabins are beautiful and feel so much bigger without all those wall shelving pieces. Harmony is beautiful colors, plenty of storage, better closet space .... it will be the standard I judge all cabins. I almost feel like maybe I don't want to cruise again for fear I am not happy with my cabin.

A big difference we saw was in the staff. One reason I enjoy RCI is that they hire from all over the world, not just one region. Our two previous RCI (Freedom and Oasis) we loved all our interaction and conversations with the staff. They were outgoing and always trying to go the extra mile. Harmony, other than some bar staff, we summed it up that "everyone was just doing their jobs." No one was interested in engaging or interacting. We had a few that were unpleasant. We enjoy the people when we travel so this was disappointing.

We also felt like maybe Harmony had cut staff from Oasis levels. Main Dining Room seems packed with little space between tables. Staff seemed overwhelmed. Food was average at best which considering how limited the menu was ... should not have been. We decided after this that dinner in MDR would not be our plan. We will have breakfast/lunch there but hit the other venues at dinner. The buffet was great and a very nice environment. Wish we had eaten there at dinner. Park Cafe, a very popular place was a mess ... any open table was usually dirty, always running out of ice, dressing, flatware etc .... it appeared ONE person was responsible for everything outside the food areas.

I like parts of both of them. If I were going to book a cruise today .... I would look at a new line for a change.

Based on that I wouldn't do Harmony! I'm not one for engaging with the staff (I"m an introvert; I am friendly and nice, but I'm not interested in forming a relationship with strangers) but it sounds like they were not up to snuff at all. A nice cabin is important though! But the cabin on Oasis was nice enough for me so I'd choose that over Harmony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts