is there any difference between travelling in september vs october?

mrd7896

Mouseketeer
talking about 2020! My DBF in the tech world can't travel during a few weeks due to new products being released and i was hoping to go to Disney in September but now we may have to push it to October

i've never traveled during either of these months but i heard october has recently become very popular and crowded..is that true?

Are there really differences between sept vs oct? Crowds? Weather?
Both during food and wine
Both during MNSSHP

:confused3

When kids go back to school towards end of August, the crowds abruptly die. They slowly build back up from then on to New Years Eve.

Early September will be less crowded than late September which will be less crowded than early October and so on.

Jewish holidays in late September/early October are also something to consider as many kids are off of school (particularly in the Northeast).

The further you get away from the beginning of the school year, the less reluctant parents are to pull their kids out of school.

Long story short, go as early in the fall as you can if your goal is to avoid crowds.

Weather wise, September is still full fledged FL summer (90's humid) and peak hurricane season (depending on where your traveling from that may impact travel)

October will still be hot, but better chances of nicer weather during your vacation. For example Oct 31st 2018 was in the mid 80's.

Last edited:

Both months are in hurricane season as well, but it seems that a lot of the major hurricanes in that area have been in late september/early october, so something to think about as well. We had to cancel an October trip due a hurricane a couple years ago.

We had to cancel a late October trip last year due to a family illness, but that’s one of my favorite times to visit. September weather is still pretty steamy, although it is less crowded because school has resumed. I would opt for October.

For less crowds September. For better weather October. The last 2 years October has had very little in the way of room discounts and had no free dining at all. That alone tells you about the crowd size. F & W is extremely popular as is MNSSHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter