Is there any sales left for VB

Freaky

Mouseketeer
We are about to sign for 250 points at VWL and it has occurred to me that it might be better splitting these points into 2 separate resorts.
Is there a minimum that I can buy? Or could I get 150 pts for VWL and 100 pts for VB?
I am asking as it would obviously be a benefit to be able to book both parts of my vacation 11 months in advance.
:confused:

VB does have points left for sale and the MB is $10 pp there. Remember that the dues are higher at VB. Regardless, I'd recommend splitting your purchase. Even if you buy all at WLV, get 150 (the min) then either 2 50 point contracts or one 100 pts csontracts. There's no harm in doing this and if you decided later to sell all or part, you'd have far more options.

Anticipating your next question....

2001 Dues

Vero= $3.97
VWL = $3.63

Dean, "and the MB is $10 pp there"

Sorry, as I am a newbie, what does this mean?

Jonny

Originally posted by Freaky
Dean, "and the MB is $10 pp there"

Sorry, as I am a newbie, what does this mean?

Jonny
MB is a program where Disney buys back points for the current use year when you purchase from them. At WL, it's $5 per point and at VB and HH, it's $10 pp. There are some other variations about how many poins you can sell back and how many you must buy to sell them back.

Freaky, I made the same decision you are contemplating, buying 175 points at WLV and 100 at Vero Beach. This will give us a trip to WDW every two years in a 2BR during the summer or non-holiday time and a 3BR for 5 days every 3 years during Spring break.

Check the point charts, consider your planned usage and take advantage of the 11 month window in 2 resorts.

Good luck

DanG

Shouldn't you also consider what type of accomodations you want before splitting your points up? For example 175 points at one DVC resort and 100 points at another would not allow you enough points to reserve a Grand Villa at the 11 month window. Splitting points at resorts might make sense if you are looking to rent studios or 1 bedrooms with a small number of points, but if you intend to rent 2 bedrooms or Grand Villas I think splitting points between resorts only makes sense if you are buying 400 points or more. Just an opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter