Is there discussion about the virtual queue?

AngiTN

DIS Veteran
I did a quick search and didn't notice anything. Please merge if I've missed it
Just had a Minnie van driver tell me about the queue system that will be used once GE opens. Is this basically a Bus driver rumor or is it verified?

I did a quick search and didn't notice anything. Please merge if I've missed it
Just had a Minnie van driver tell me about the queue system that will be used once GE opens. Is this basically a Bus driver rumor or is it verified?
I know the other day during CM previews they were testing the virtual queue. Don’t know how it went.

She said once you were in HS, but not before, you will use MDE to register in the virtual queue for a time to enter the land itself. Once in you are able to stay in for as long as you want. She was very confident that this is how they plan to run it starting on the 29th.

No idea of she was confusing things since that's how the CM test was or of they've told them something to tell their passengers

Last edited:
Yes, that is how the virtual queue works in theory. In reality, Disneyland only had to use it for about 2 hours on day 1, and hasn't needed it since.

Essentially, you virtually join a "boarding group" via the app. You put your party size and the app tells you what "Boarding Group Number" you are in. You will receive a notification on your phone when your boarding group is ready to enter the land. You have, I think, 2 hours from that point to arrive in the land (in case you are in a ride queue, at a meal, etc). Once you enter the land (they will scan you in), you can stay as long as you want BUT once you leave the land, you will have to rejoin a boarding group (if available) to get back in later on.

The app will have a section where it will show the land status as either being Open or Join a Boarding Group. They will also have a section showing which boarding groups are currently able to enter.

Holding a reservation to Oga's Cantina , Savis Workshop, or the Droid Builfing experience gets you am automatic entry 1 hour prior to the time of your reservation.

At Disneyland, they have these digital boards up in a few locations that show the land status. When the virtual queue is being used, these signs show the boarding group numbers currently being admitted.

With the reservation system in for Oga's/Droid depot/Savi's the need for a VQ is way lower, unless the land is at capacity. With a res at one of the 3, you can show up 1 hour before your time with no limit and no need to use a MDE VQ sign in, lots more reservations showed up yesterday, who knows but those with res have no need for a VQ......

Holding a reservation to Oga's Cantina , Savis Workshop, or the Droid Builfing experience gets you am automatic entry 1 hour prior to the time of your reservation.

Do you know if this gets your whole party access or is it just those in the party who have the reservation? For example, party of 3 (XYZ) with a reservation for X to do Savi’s, so X takes Y as a guest to Savi’s...will Z be able to get into the land too?

That's exactly how she described it, only if needed
Really curious now if she knew what she was talking about

Who knows but at least they have a plan in place, I am sure at some time during the very least opening weekend it will be in use and I am curious how it will work with the reservation system in place......looking forward to seeing how this works....

Do you know if this gets your whole party access or is it just those in the party who have the reservation? For example, party of 3 (XYZ) with a reservation for X to do Savi’s, so X takes Y as a guest to Savi’s...will Z be able to get into the land too?

From what I have read the entire party will be allowed into GE......

CL staff at the resort has confirmed this plan also.
However, she said that this is going to be the first day it lauches too, the virtual queue system on MDE (call it making a boarding party) so who knows if it’s going to work as expected or not. I’m leaning to not knowing Disney IT.
Something else both the CL CM and the driver said, that in order to make a boarding party to enter the queue you all have to be in the same MDE account. You can only form the list from other memberss in your MDE. So if you happen to be traveling with another group you’ll either have to hope you get the same entry time or link up in MDE so you can make plans together.

So did you have to dig into MDE and the VQ or is it not needed yet, crowds, lines crazy yet?

This sounds like what they did at DL. Seems like a good way to do it too me. I would also appreciate if they just announce this so I can know for sure.

Another tidbit the CL CM gave,
While you have to be in HS to build the boarding party and enter the virtual queue and get your entry time you can leave the park if you want, till it’’s your time to go in. So if there are several hours wait you can go do something else.

From what I have read the entire party will be allowed into GE......
I spoke to guest Services today about this. She said if reservation is for 1 builder than the builder and one other person gets in. There are 3 in our party so she said only 2 would be guarantee entry to land

Another tidbit the CL CM gave,
While you have to be in HS to build the boarding party and enter the virtual queue and get your entry time you can leave the park if you want, till it’’s your time to go in. So if there are several hours wait you can go do something else.
Is this for DL or WDW

So even if we are arriving to HS at 11 am for FP and ADR’s it’s worth a try to VQ? We are booked 10/13 for our HS day but are transferring resorts for a split stay . We are walking over from Yacht Club . Just not sure it would be useful to try that late in the morning for a chance at VQ?
We do have a Oga reservation another night for 8 pm earlier in our trip . Wonder if we should just utilize that at 7 pm and we will avoid the VQ? But only have 2 hours correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter