Is there discussion about the virtual queue?

So even if we are arriving to HS at 11 am for FP and ADR’s it’s worth a try to VQ? We are booked 10/13 for our HS day but are transferring resorts for a split stay . We are walking over from Yacht Club . Just not sure it would be useful to try that late in the morning for a chance at VQ?
We do have a Oga reservation another night for 8 pm earlier in our trip . Wonder if we should just utilize that at 7 pm and we will avoid the VQ? But only have 2 hours correct?
No one knows yet how quickly the VQ for the day will fill, or if it even will. Your chances in mid-October are probably better than right after the opening, and you'll have 6 weeks of other people's experiences to help make your decision. (*All said as I moan about my HS day being the 3rd day after EEMH ends, so I have no idea what to expect either. I'm a planner-what's with this "wait and see" nonsense?)

Wondering how they lock down to people being in HS?

Just thinkjng of work arounds to this:
- GPS spoofed can show MDE you are in the park
- Scan ticket, leave to Epcot, and run GPS spoofer to show up in HS

I can't see a Disney system smart enough to check that you scanned in and didn't scan in at another park entrance but maybe?

If it's needed in the end?

Wondering how they lock down to people being in HS?

Just thinkjng of work arounds to this:
- GPS spoofed can show MDE you are in the park
- Scan ticket, leave to Epcot, and run GPS spoofer to show up in HS

I can't see a Disney system smart enough to check that you scanned in and didn't scan in at another park entrance but maybe?

If it's needed in the end?
From what I've heard you need to be in HS to sign up for the VQ, but while you're waiting it's fine to leave. As long as you can get back to HS within 2 hours of your boarding group being called, you should be fine.

From what I've heard you need to be in HS to sign up for the VQ, but while you're waiting it's fine to leave. As long as you can get back to HS within 2 hours of your boarding group being called, you should be fine.

My point is I am in DC right now for work and can make the DME app think I am in HS standing next to Slinky Dog.

I read the comment on Disney wanting you in the park I am talking about the work around to the system and if Disney will actually lock down the system.

My point is I am in DC right now for work and can make the DME app think I am in HS standing next to Slinky Dog.

That's doesn't mean it'll work to get in into the virtual queue. It could be geofenced with their access points, but more likely you'll just have to have redeemed ticket media to enter the park before it'll work. Basically the same as how FP+/maxpass (the same system) works today.

That's doesn't mean it'll work to get in into the virtual queue. It could be geofenced with their access points, but more likely you'll just have to have redeemed ticket media to enter the park before it'll work. Basically the same as how FP+/maxpass (the same system) works today.

So scan ticket, leave to Epcot, then choose to enter VQ when it lines up for leaving Epcot.

Maxpass though covers both parks and is park agnostic/gps agnostic. So it would need to be something new. Or do I understand the Maxpass wrong?

So scan ticket, leave to Epcot, then choose to enter VQ when it lines up for leaving Epcot.

Maxpass though covers both parks and is park agnostic/gps agnostic. So it would need to be something new. Or do I understand the Maxpass wrong?

They could add a condition to drop your VQ position if you enter another park.

Maxpass is actually the exact same thing as FP+ without the advance reservations.

I spoke to guest Services today about this. She said if reservation is for 1 builder than the builder and one other person gets in. There are 3 in our party so she said only 2 would be guarantee entry to land

Well that screws us over. We're a party of 4. 2 parents, 2 kids. My son is the builder (and birthday kid) for both of our ressies. So a parent and kid will have so sit outside the land, while a parent goes in with him to build.

This is somewhat tangential, but back at Christmas time 2018, they had a pop-up event for the Kingdom Hearts Game launch. It had a virtual queue. The deal was, you had to register a phone number, and a quantity of guests, limited to four (I think) to play a video game for 15 minutes per person. Then you were free to walk around whatever they are calling Downtown Disney these days until they "pinged" you. The first wait was about 3 hours, the second 2.

The queue software was not Disney branded, so either outside vendor or test. They were able to put in some criteria, such as matching a player to a game system of choice. Your choices were Xbox and PS4.

What they flat out told us was that they expected us not to cheat the queue. Since they were set up for a max group of 4 via the system, and we were a group of 5, they wanted my wife to sign up separate, but then not put the 3 kids on her sign in. Makes sense, very fair. The thing they did not catch is our kids look a lot younger than they are and we had 5 phones available to us.

My son decided to honor the rules, but then begged his way into the queue with several different groups of 3 players as their fourth, which the CM found to be acceptable. My son asked before doing this, then put his phone into rotation so that he could stay there play as a part of a 4 man team. It was the same two missions, on Xbox and PS4, with two or three different difficulties and he played them all. My other two kids were less enthusiastic about this game, so they hung around and only played occasionally.

Disney seems to do a pretty good job thinking things through. I would imagine that even if this sort of set up has nothing to do with the virtual queue in the park, they at least have the digital and demographic data from this to look at.

So, if you enter the park, do you think that you will be able to make a reservation for everyone in your MDE, even if they did not yet enter the park?

I think everyone should just relax, wait and see. Again, this system hasn't even been needed at Disneyland. The land has been open to everyone at all times all summer. This may be why Disney World isn't publicly talking about this system ahead of the opening there. It may not even be necessary.

Sorry, I really don’t think you can compare it to Disneyland. DL basically had a month of the reservation system before it opened. Details of the virtual queue were announced in advance.

We have been waiting and the land opens in a week. I think it is completely reasonable that people want more information on how it could go. At this point for all we know you might need to stand in line for six hours to get in.

If they plan to use it what is the harm in telling people how it will work? If it is not needed then fine.

Well that screws us over. We're a party of 4. 2 parents, 2 kids. My son is the builder (and birthday kid) for both of our ressies. So a parent and kid will have so sit outside the land, while a parent goes in with him to build.
That is the way the guest service told memaybe its different with younger kids. Mine are 19 and 16. Email guest services and get a reply in writing. Maybe if they say yes you could print it out and take it with u

Sorry, I really don’t think you can compare it to Disneyland. DL basically had a month of the reservation system before it opened. Details of the virtual queue were announced in advance.

We have been waiting and the land opens in a week. I think it is completely reasonable that people want more information on how it could go. At this point for all we know you might need to stand in line for six hours to get in.

If they plan to use it what is the harm in telling people how it will work? If it is not needed then fine.

Disney hasn't announced how they plan to handle crowd control for this land at WDW because they are afraid that any mention of "crowds" will scare people away, which is what they are convinced led to the tepid response to SWGE at Disneyland. The fact that they have taken this position means that they likely have some data that points to lower than expected crowds at WDWs opening as well. Of course, they could also be doing this on purpose because they WANT massive crowds for PR purposes, so they can say "See? It IS popular!"

I think the timing of this land's opening simply won't lend itself to MASSIVE crowds as summer is practically over, but we shall see what happens.

Just remember that this land can hold a LOT of people (somewhere around 6000) and truly, the majority won't stay in there for hours and hours. There simply is not enough to do, especially for families with very young children. The turnover rate is high. The boarding pass system is designed so that people are not going to be standing in line for hours just to get into the land. They learned that lesson with Pandora.

There is no harm on explaining HOW the VQ system works. My post was in response to people posting all these "what if" scenarios and seemingly wringing their hands at things that haven't even been confirmed yet.

So, if you enter the park, do you think that you will be able to make a reservation for everyone in your MDE, even if they did not yet enter the park?

No. Anyone joining a boarding group will have had to scan into the park first.

I think we’ve decided to just pony up another $200 to make 2 lightsabers just to avoid the 3 of us being separated. I honestly have no interest in Star Wars, but I want to see DH and DS experience it all.

Disney hasn't announced how they plan to handle crowd control for this land at WDW because they are afraid that any mention of "crowds" will scare people away, which is what they are convinced led to the tepid response to SWGE at Disneyland. The fact that they have taken this position means that they likely have some data that points to lower than expected crowds at WDWs opening as well. Of course, they could also be doing this on purpose because they WANT massive crowds for PR purposes, so they can say "See? It IS popular!"

I think the timing of this land's opening simply won't lend itself to MASSIVE crowds as summer is practically over, but we shall see what happens.

Just remember that this land can hold a LOT of people (somewhere around 6000) and truly, the majority won't stay in there for hours and hours. There simply is not enough to do, especially for families with very young children. The turnover rate is high. The boarding pass system is designed so that people are not going to be standing in line for hours just to get into the land. They learned that lesson with Pandora.

There is no harm on explaining HOW the VQ system works. My post was in response to people posting all these "what if" scenarios and seemingly wringing their hands at things that haven't even been confirmed yet.

I feel like at this point anything is possible. However pretty sure they don't want people passing out due to the heat. Hopefully there will not be massive crowds but it seems silly to not prepare for any crowds.

I think it is fine to explain how the VQ worked at Disneyland. However for those going to WDW next week we can not assume it will work the same way. Announcing something about how it will work would be nice. I can understand why people are stressed about it. Even just announcing how many people can get into the land if someone in your party has a Savi's/Oga's/Droid reservation would be nice.

I feel like at this point anything is possible. However pretty sure they don't want people passing out due to the heat. Hopefully there will not be massive crowds but it seems silly to not prepare for any crowds.

I think it is fine to explain how the VQ worked at Disneyland. However for those going to WDW next week we can not assume it will work the same way. Announcing something about how it will work would be nice. I can understand why people are stressed about it. Even just announcing how many people can get into the land if someone in your party has a Savi's/Oga's/Droid reservation would be nice.

Agree in comparing DL and WDW 2 very, VERY different places! And in seeing how DL had reservation system when it first opened this limiting who, when and how long one could go in was limiting the crowds. In having reservations now for WDW/SWGE my need to know has waned a bit but you are right it would be nice to know how this may work if it is at capacity which would not surprise me for the first few days. Then when they get that under their belts things will work fine, trust me the LAST thing Disney wants are people standing in the heat in FL in long lines waiting to get into SWGE........

I'm really getting frustrated with Disney that 8 days away and they haven't announced anything about entry into the land-Although all 7 of our travel party have 8pm reservations for Oga's on September 7, and plan on entering at 7pm,we were playing with the idea of not being at HS at 6am to see TSL because most people would be in line for GE, and arrive at HS closer to 7am for things other than GE. I will be glued to these boards for the foreseeable future...........

I have the luxury of waiting until October and I can somewhat tweak plans depending on how everything goes in the almost 2 months before we go, but maybe I’m not as concerned as I should be? We’ve got an Oga’s reservation in the evening that we may or may not keep, but feel pretty confident we can do all we want to do if we arrive reasonably close to opening during one of those awful 6 AM openings. No interest in dropping tons of cash for a lightsaber or droid.

Between it already being open at DLR and not brand new, and both rides not being open I’m thinking it will be somewhat manageable? I’m more concerned for navigating it when we go back in March and it’s fully functioning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter