Is there discussion about the virtual queue?

I have the luxury of waiting until October and I can somewhat tweak plans depending on how everything goes in the almost 2 months before we go, but maybe I’m not as concerned as I should be? We’ve got an Oga’s reservation in the evening that we may or may not keep, but feel pretty confident we can do all we want to do if we arrive reasonably close to opening during one of those awful 6 AM openings. No interest in dropping tons of cash for a lightsaber or droid.

Between it already being open at DLR and not brand new, and both rides not being open I’m thinking it will be somewhat manageable? I’m more concerned for navigating it when we go back in March and it’s fully functioning.
Nah, if I wasn't going to till October I wouldn't give it any thought at all right now.
Whatever happens, you'll know in plenty of time how it's going and they'll tweak things too.
Wondering how they lock down to people being in HS?

Just thinkjng of work arounds to this:
- GPS spoofed can show MDE you are in the park
- Scan ticket, leave to Epcot, and run GPS spoofer to show up in HS

I can't see a Disney system smart enough to check that you scanned in and didn't scan in at another park entrance but maybe?

If it's needed in the end?
They have no problems with knowing where you are based on your MB location and ticket use. Can some people fake it out? I'm sure then can. Do many know to or will bother to? Doubtful. But there's always going to be someone out there looking to cheat the system. No matter what the system is. Cheaters always get theirs in the end though. Karma
I think everyone should just relax, wait and see. Again, this system hasn't even been needed at Disneyland. The land has been open to everyone at all times all summer. This may be why Disney World isn't publicly talking about this system ahead of the opening there. It may not even be necessary.
DL is too different to even bother comparing what is going to happen. WDW has a totally different demographic. This does not mean WDW will be overrun. Simply means that what has happened in DL will and does have no bearing on what happens at WDW.
Disney hasn't announced how they plan to handle crowd control for this land at WDW because they are afraid that any mention of "crowds" will scare people away, which is what they are convinced led to the tepid response to SWGE at Disneyland.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened at DL. AP blackouts happened. Plus, how can you compare when they did start out with a system in place. You haven't any idea if a VQ system would have been needed/used if they'd never used the reservation system first.
There is very little chance that they will not have waits at the beginning. If Pandora was overrun, and with half (or less) the popularity, this will be too. Disney doesn't announce their contingency plans, basically, ever. They make the plans, and are ready to use them. What they hope now is, that it works seeing how it's not really been tested yet and won't be till it goes "live".

So even if we are arriving to HS at 11 am for FP and ADR’s it’s worth a try to VQ? We are booked 10/13 for our HS day but are transferring resorts for a split stay . We are walking over from Yacht Club . Just not sure it would be useful to try that late in the morning for a chance at VQ?
We do have a Oga reservation another night for 8 pm earlier in our trip . Wonder if we should just utilize that at 7 pm and we will avoid the VQ? But only have 2 hours correct?
have 2 hours for what?

I think we’ve decided to just pony up another $200 to make 2 lightsabers just to avoid the 3 of us being separated. I honestly have no interest in Star Wars, but I want to see DH and DS experience it all.
see if you can get into droid depot- you all get in the land and end up w/ 1 droid and 1 lightsaber, and for $100 less than 2 light sabers. (assuming you can get a reservation @ droid depot).

see if you can get into droid depot- you all get in the land and end up w/ 1 droid and 1 lightsaber, and for $100 less than 2 light sabers. (assuming you can get a reservation @ droid depot).

I tried that, but both DH and DS don’t want a droid. I guess I could make one, but they’d rather have 2 light sabers. You’d better believe I’m buying myself something expensive with Snow White on it somewhere after all this. :laughing:

I tried that, but both DH and DS don’t want a droid. I guess I could make one, but they’d rather have 2 light sabers. You’d better believe I’m buying myself something expensive with Snow White on it somewhere after all this. :laughing:
bummer. I was thrilled when DD decided she wants to build a droid instead. The idea of building a remote control droid which can also interact with other droids in the land was an easy decision for her. She did Jedi Training on our last trip which was fun but she's less of a fighter and more of a maker.

Heads up.. I'm hearing that the droids don't actually interact with each other on their own. They do interact/respond to the land.

It is five days out! How last minute would virtual queues be announced??!! We need to plan, people, lol! (as I search to no avail for the emoji button on my laptop!) How soon out did they talk about virtual queues at DL? It seems like I remember they weren't announced until after the reservation system was finished, and then just when crowds got too large. So maybe no one will know about them until the day of? Glad I got an Oga's reservation, but the VQ will affect the rest of my early morning in TSL that I was hoping would not be overly crowded, like the rest of AK was right after Pandora opened.

It is five days out! How last minute would virtual queues be announced??!! We need to plan, people, lol! (as I search to no avail for the emoji button on my laptop!) How soon out did they talk about virtual queues at DL? It seems like I remember they weren't announced until after the reservation system was finished, and then just when crowds got too large. So maybe no one will know about them until the day of? Glad I got an Oga's reservation, but the VQ will affect the rest of my early morning in TSL that I was hoping would not be overly crowded, like the rest of AK was right after Pandora opened.
They won't announce them at all is my guess. Are there ever contingency plans that they announce?
They will simply have the system in place and ready to turn on when needed. MDE will tell you what you need to know to use it when it's needed. So yeah, we'll know day of.

I'd say expect crowds and a wait to get in and be pleasantly surprised if neither come to be. That's how I'm approaching the trip next week

I am still a little confused on where on the app I need to go. I assume it will be more obvious once the land opens. Has there been an app update since Aug 20th? That is the version I have.

I am still a little confused on where on the app I need to go. I assume it will be more obvious once the land opens. Has there been an app update since Aug 20th? That is the version I have.
It is not live in the app yet

Yes, once it's launched it will be clear
The biggest issue I foresee is they aren't launching it until the 29th.
And we all know how well MDE goes with updates .......

So, will the ability to make a boarding group start at 6am? or at 9 when everyone can get in?
Impossible to know. It will go in to effect when the land it at capacity. No one can say when that will happen. Or even if. Though I'd say it's highly likely for the first few days at the least

The SWGE section is very prominent when the DLand app is opened. You can select “Find Out More” and it directs here:A4E7768F-F03E-4517-B689-8DCAECD000FD.pngdir

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts