Is There Interest in a FW DISMeet in Oct 2021? UPDATE: No But The DISMeet Concept Lives On

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 of those are near each other in Section A
19 are available in Section A from the 5th to the 14th

Last edited:
Not too thrilled about its location, thats pretty far from strip and park.

It looks nice

One thing is I don't see any smaller campers in pics of sites. Gotta make sure they don't have restrictions. In each site description it notes TT, RV, and 5th wheel.

They do have a dog park, so there is that.

I'll call them tomorrow and find out more.

Spoke to The Ridge this morning to get some clarification.

1. They do offer discounts for Good Sams, Military, and first responders
2. They have no stipulations on the kinds of campers that can use the sites, except that they DO NOT allow tents. @bama_ed this means you would be good to go.
3. The cabins are not pet friendly, so @friendofeeyore I know this was one thing you were inquiring about.
4. They are HDT friendly. @PaHunter some of the sites are listed at 70' and she said there was a gravel parking lot available if the truck needed to be parked there at no extra cost
5. It is located on Veteran's Blvd which is a 4 lane highway that the locals use to bypass the main strip where the tourists run so even though it is off the path, it makes up for it with some ease of access and stop light bypass.
6. Price is not that different, about $10 a night compared to Pine Mountain but Pine Mountain is more central located and has a stream
7. They have a dog park, so @FtW Mike this was one thing you were interested in

The downs:
1. No trolley access. This kinda goes with the being far out there description as Pigeon Forge and Sevierville go out of their way to get the trolleys to as many places as they can. The closest stop is 2 lights away. For most this is no big deal, but for folks like PaHunter, if they don't have the spider with them this might be an issue
2. No shade. It's new, so its nice, but there are no trees to be had
3. PaHunter reported sites open in June in section A. This at first was weird as section B was completely filled while section A was half empty. When I looked at the map and the pics of the sites in the booking window I figured out why. If you look in the background of sites 1-3 you see the 4 lane highway of Veteran's Blvd. That is a busy highway, and thus a lot of noise. You're right on top of it. That's why section B in the back is full and section A isn't.
4. Sites are large, but they are close together. Depends on how you look at it, since we are a group the closeness might not be that big of a deal

There are sites close to the bath house available currently, I know this is a must for Ed
It's new, so everything is really nice and I don't find bad reviews except for some that mentioned section A being loud due to the highway and close to entrance so traffic was higher

This is a brand new one being built just down from the Apple Barn on the river and looks really nice. It opens in April - https://pigeonforgelandingrvresort.com/?_ga=2.231246360.648262362.1603308596-2004676955.1603308596

Then there is River Plantation. Haven't stayed there but looks really nice - https://www.sunrvresorts.com/resorts/south/tennessee/river-plantation-rv-resort/

Outside of that, I've stayed at Camp Riverslanding and Camp Riversedge (side by side) behind Dixie Stampede. Both were decent but Rivers Edge has a public road through the middle of it and doesn't have screw in sewer hose connections. Riverslanding the sites aren't very level but it was a nice place regardless and has 2 trolley stops in the middle of it. We like staying there because you can hear the sound of the Dollywood train whistle blowing through the mountains.

Last edited:
Spoke to The Ridge this morning to get some clarification.

1. They do offer discounts for Good Sams, Military, and first responders
2. They have no stipulations on the kinds of campers that can use the sites, except that they DO NOT allow tents. @bama_ed this means you would be good to go.
3. The cabins are not pet friendly, so @friendofeeyore I know this was one thing you were inquiring about.
4. They are HDT friendly. @PaHunter some of the sites are listed at 70' and she said there was a gravel parking lot available if the truck needed to be parked there at no extra cost
5. It is located on Veteran's Blvd which is a 4 lane highway that the locals use to bypass the main strip where the tourists run so even though it is off the path, it makes up for it with some ease of access and stop light bypass.
6. Price is not that different, about $10 a night compared to Pine Mountain but Pine Mountain is more central located and has a stream
7. They have a dog park, so @FtW Mike this was one thing you were interested in

The downs:
1. No trolley access. This kinda goes with the being far out there description as Pigeon Forge and Sevierville go out of their way to get the trolleys to as many places as they can. The closest stop is 2 lights away. For most this is no big deal, but for folks like PaHunter, if they don't have the spider with them this might be an issue
2. No shade. It's new, so its nice, but there are no trees to be had
3. PaHunter reported sites open in June in section A. This at first was weird as section B was completely filled while section A was half empty. When I looked at the map and the pics of the sites in the booking window I figured out why. If you look in the background of sites 1-3 you see the 4 lane highway of Veteran's Blvd. That is a busy highway, and thus a lot of noise. You're right on top of it. That's why section B in the back is full and section A isn't.
4. Sites are large, but they are close together. Depends on how you look at it, since we are a group the closeness might not be that big of a deal

There are sites close to the bath house available currently, I know this is a must for Ed
It's new, so everything is really nice and I don't find bad reviews except for some that mentioned section A being loud due to the highway and close to entrance so traffic was higher

The cabins not being pet friendly is odd, as their website says they are.
Y'all decide, just let me know where I need to book.

This is a brand new one being built just down from the Apple Barn on the river and looks really nice. It opens in April - https://www.sunrvresorts.com/resorts/south/tennessee/river-plantation-rv-resort/

Outside of that, I've stayed at Camp Riverslanding and Camp Riversedge (side by side) behind Dixie Stampede. Both were decent but Rivers Edge has a public road through the middle of it and doesn't have screw in sewer hose connections. Riverslanding the sites aren't very level but it was a nice place regardless and has 2 trolley stops in the middle of it. We like staying there because you can hear the sound of the Dollywood train whistle blowing through the mountains.

River Plantation, Well it may not be done, but they sure are booking up sites for sure. Looked at the 4th thru the 13th and some good availability couple by the bathhouse, some nice long pull thru sites for those of us bigger folks.

River Plantation, Well it may not be done, but they sure are booking up sites for sure. Looked at the 4th thru the 13th and some good availability couple by the bathhouse, some nice long pull thru sites for those of us bigger folks.
I checked it out as well. Dog Park, Golf Cart rentals , 2 Pools to keep the Alligators in for Wrestling (Provided we can get Ed and/or Randy to bring them up)( We charge admission to other guest to attend, observe, or better yet participate) As for PAHUNTER I am sure between all of us we can find a way to get him and his bride to any and all outside activities they might want to enjoy no matter where we stay

River Plantation is way too far away for me. Having spent a lot of time there dealing with traffic the closer to the Pigeon Forge area the better. It'll take you forever to reach Gatlinburg and the park if the summer crowd is coming in.

I've done Riversedge and there is one road that runs through it, at the edge. I was warned to avoid that and stayed one row over and was nice. I believe the sites were a too close together is why it was eliminated.

Camp Riverslanding was not HDT friendly as I remember from the email reply that they sent to me. Sad, as it and Riversedge are right at end of Pigeon Forge and avoid traffic if heading to Gatlinburg or the Mountains.

To this point I like either Pine Mountain or Ridge Outdoors.

Tiggerdad, I am OK with not bringing Missy & Belle, my son will take care of Missy & Belle can be boarded. Do have the nightly rates for the cabins? I certainly want to come. My best friend said she would ride with me. I get lost in a closet. PaHunter & his DW can ride with us & if they need to go somewhere & we don't, they can use my car. I am excited about this trip. Arnold & I, this was going to be our next adventure going into Tennessee & Dolly Pardon. Please keep me on the list. Let me know what I need to do or help with something.

I looked at The Ridge. I'll tell ya what, we might be hangin out at Gloria's cabin. It looks really nice

Last edited:
Little different on this Dismeet. On last Dismeet there was no doubt on the campground, which was FW. Gulf Shores really a no brainer too. In the area of Pigeon Forge there are lots of good options. :)

Little different on this Dismeet. On last Dismeet there was no doubt on the campground, which was FW. Gulf Shores really a no brainer too. In the area of Pigeon Forge there are lots of good options. :)

Did you look at the pics of the glamping tents? They told me those were heated and cooled. :eek:

I believe both locations cabin pricing was about $110-$120 a night. There are only two cabins at Pine Ridge. However, it does have the Hotel right across the street as well.

@tiggerdad I never noticed any highway noise even down at the pool in section A. I was not sure about the trolly, though I found it pretty easy to get around for us during COVID. Next Spring things will be different so it makes sense. I was just thinking large group, very different sized rigs it was worth a look.

Wish we could fit it in even. If it was end of June I could find a way, but anything before June 12 is out as school runs through June 11. Thats why we are doing 12-19th at the beach, yet with my WFH status, I could find a way to spend another week down there and still get some work in.

@tiggerdad I never noticed any highway noise even down at the pool in section A. I was not sure about the trolly, though I found it pretty easy to get around for us during COVID. Next Spring things will be different so it makes sense. I was just thinking large group, very different sized rigs it was worth a look.

Oh the place looks fantastic and is expanding as well. Most reviews were great, just a few I found mentioned the highway noise in the evening when Dollywood closed. I didn't remember a campground there when last I was in the area, but as it turns out the building is actually a church that was recently purchased and they converted the grounds to camping instead. This is how they have the meeting areas that are listed as these were the original worship halls and education rooms. I think it can certainly be considered for future meets if those come up, but for me I'm still leaning towards Pine Mountain for this trip.

The main reason I think this is that some of you have actually stayed there and have first hand experience and have shared pics and spoke very highly of it. I take your first hand experience over any reviews of folks I don't know. The thought of sitting by a stream under a shade tree putting a Disney puzzle together is quite appealing to me. More of the mountain atmosphere if you will. Also, the cabins there (though only 2 of them) sleep 4, with two separate bedrooms and that might be better for @friendofeeyore with her having a friend come along. Missing having her and Arnold attend with us last week was hard for me, I shed a tear when we were discussing them at the actual Dismeet and I really want her to make this one. Also, that booking window hasn't opened yet and this could give us a better shot at more sites and making sure folks are lined up and ready to book when that window opens.

There are several folks who had to back of this last trip and my hope is we can get several on board for this one. Personally, I'd like to take the place over and it won't hurt my feelings if we fill the place up and have to have three separate puzzles going on to keep them all occupied in the early morning. My hopes anyway.

All we need to do is settle on a week and be ready to swamp them at booking time. LOL

In trying to plan, memorial day is May 31. I think we are talking about either the week of June 5 or the week of June 12 correct? The one thing I know is we plan to come in on a Thursday and stay till Saturday the following week.

Forgot to say, i am flexible with where we stay. Ridge looks nice, have stayed at Pine Mountain it is nice. I leave all the decisions to @tiggerdad. I will facilitate a few different hiking trips, different levels on different days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!