Is there much difference in weather between the end of August and the end of September?

deedeew80

Dreaming of My Prince
Trying to decide if we want to go to Disney the end of August into the beginning on September or the end of September into the beginning of October. I have a pro and cons list going now, but one thing I have yet to figure out is the weather. I know it’s Florida and it’s hot. So is there really any difference between the choices above? More humid/less humid? More rain/less rain? Higher temps/lower temps? I have been the end of August many times and it is very hot and rains basically every day. I have never been the end of September. I have been towards the end of October and it was beautiful. So not sure yet about the end of September :confused3

I remember watching some vlogs from early October last year and it was in the 90s.

I was there 2 Octobers ago, and my friend and I were dying (and I go in July and just now got back from an August trip). Now, I will say it doesn't seem to be solid hot/humid, but man one day we just about had to scrape ourselves up off the pavement.

We've gone last week of August into first week of September and also mid-September into late September and both times were HOT and VERY humid, like if you stand in one place too long you think your shoes will melt to the ground hot. Jersey Week, while very busy, is now my absolute favorite time to go weather wise; same with late April/early May.

I was there 2 Octobers ago, and my friend and I were dying (and I go in July and just now got back from an August trip). Now, I will say it doesn't seem to be solid hot/humid, but man one day we just about had to scrape ourselves up off the pavement.

Yep this is why I refuse to do fall break trips. 90 degree weather plus insane crowds plus parties at MK every other night. No thanks.

It’s been a while since I’ve done an August trip but we did the last week in September last year and it was the hottest trip I can remember. Every day was over 90 degrees and humid. The daily afternoon rain showers were very, very welcome, until they stopped and everything was steaming.

On the plus side (and I realize with SWGE opening this could be different this year), crowds were the lowest I had experienced in years! Outside of the biggies, (7D, FOP, Slinky), wait times seemed to never go above 20-25 minutes.

Both will be extremely hot and humid. Both trips are in peak hurricane season, but there's a slightly higher chance in late September. The chances of Orlando getting a direct hit are incredibly small, but they can bring torrential rains and travel problems

Crowds will be much higher in late September

This is really good info for me since I was thinking about a late September trip in years to come. What is the weather and parks like in early November?

This is really good info for me since I was thinking about a late September trip in years to come. What is the weather and parks like in early November?

I tend to like early November. The only "issue" with weather is you just need to keep checking temps (usually nighttime temps) right up til your trip to know exactly what clothes to bring... that impacts me more, simply because I sometimes just do a carry on for the plane, so have to know what I can cram in there and that changes based on the weather (I tend to get cold easily so usually change my clothes or add a layer at night depending). I think on average they have 70's/80's during the day and 50's/60's at night.

It is the Deep South. I live in Savannah and it is hot and humid here until at least mid-October. This year, we had a temp of 82 degrees on New Years day!

We recently returned from our early August trip. Dew points in mid 70’s. It was extremely uncomfortable, although no huge surprise! 😕. No rest for the weary.....we have almost exactly the same weather here at home now!

More humid/less humid? More rain/less rain? Higher temps/lower temps?

Native Floridian here - Sept is generally more humid. Higher chance of rain. Same temps as Aug. But maybe less busy overall, given that kids are just settling back into school? (At least early/mid Sept, anyway) Never visited in Aug/Sept myself: many Floridians are busy hiding indoors in AC those months.) lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter