Is there something similar to Boma that is easier to get to?

katie01

DIS Veteran
We all loved the dinner buffet at Boma, but found it very time-consuming to get there from our resort at POR, since we had to take a bus to AK, then to AKL, and then repeat the process on the way home (we had a lot of bus issues at POR last time, I think it took us hours to get there and back). Is there something comparable with a good dinner buffet like that that might be located either at one of the parks, or a resort that is closer to and easier to access from POR?

I won't say that Tusker House at AKL is exactly like Boma - but it is still very good. What about taking a Minivan? We started doing that last year and it was wonderful. So quick.

We all loved the dinner buffet at Boma, but found it very time-consuming to get there from our resort at POR, since we had to take a bus to AK, then to AKL, and then repeat the process on the way home (we had a lot of bus issues at POR last time, I think it took us hours to get there and back). Is there something comparable with a good dinner buffet like that that might be located either at one of the parks, or a resort that is closer to and easier to access from POR?
It's the price you gotta pay to eat at such a place..
In a nut shell, there's nuttin like BOMA....Well worth it, and as others have stated try a minivan,uber or such....Or just head there on your AK day?

I won't say that Tusker House at AKL is exactly like Boma - but it is still very good. What about taking a Minivan? We started doing that last year and it was wonderful. So quick.

Eat at Boma. Grab an uber from your resort.

We might do that. Neither were an option when we went back in 2014, I think the one taxi ride we took was really expensive! We have seven people though, not sure if we can get all of us in one Minnie Van

I think the Minnie Van only holds 6 passengers. But Boma is so good!! It's one of our favorites. I'd see if you can get a bigger van to take you. Or another option is to go straight to AKL after you visit one of the parks. Yes, you're still going to have to transfer after you eat to get back to your hotel, but at least you're only transferring once.

We might do that. Neither were an option when we went back in 2014, I think the one taxi ride we took was really expensive! We have seven people though, not sure if we can get all of us in one Minnie Van

The MinnieVan only seats 6 additional passengers. But our kids loved it taking them. Enjoy!

If you concerned about time, grab a Minnie Van from the POR and eat at Boma. The food is great and worth the drive!!!

Tusker house is about as close as you an get.
Traveling from resort to resort is never easy.
We found most of the time it was easier and much faster to take a taxi or Uber. Not as cheap as the free transportation, but saved us a huge amount of time.

We do a simple thing for meals at Boma. We eat there on one of our Animal Kingdom days. We have to have dinner and its a 6 minute bus ride from AK to AKL. And remember the zebra domes are worth a 6 minute ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter