Is this a cult?

Between being shrunk in 2042 and beaming up to Disneyopia, "see Doc for the koolaid", and "Not this chick. Read it" I have to say this is now on the top of my list for funniest thread EVER!!!!

If this is a cult, does that mean we have to all shave our heads? If so, I've got a problem, as my DD23 loves to point out, I have no hair to shave off ;) .

Now what is our cult mantra? "It's a small world" or "Zippidee-do-da"?

No, No -- Our mantra is, "There's no place like home; there's no place like home."

Okay, say it with me now . . .

Originally posted by tinksmom
No, No -- Our mantra is, "There's no place like home; there's no place like home."

Okay, say it with me now . . .

Ok , Tinks .....

There's no place like home .

Looking around
spineye.gif
- Darn, still here !

Originally posted by WolfpackFan
If this is a cult, does that mean we have to all shave our heads? If so, I've got a problem, as my DD23 loves to point out, I have no hair to shave off ;)

416.gif

....and Straight on Till Morning....

Cult, you think this is a cult?

You must be out of you mind...we are normal, everyday people who are addicted to spending time witha 6 foot mouse and all his friends...we can't live a week without calling member services or disney dining.....we get heart palpitations if we can't check the DVC DIS Boards every ________ (fill in the blank...for me, it's hour!).....and we get tears in our eyes watching WDW commercials on television....

a cult...you clearly don't understand... ;)

Now this is just for fun... some elements of cultic groups...

-A charismatic self-apointed leader with unlimited authority (perhpas Mickey Mouse)

-A compelling presentation of the group vision to potential prospects that is inviting and challenging (mind control techniques.)

-a totalitarian control over the lifestyle of its members (totalitarian? questionable)

-a special language within the group (I think this exists)

-psychological dependence on the group.

What do you think? I know my mind is well-controlled.

:p

Well, no, we don't hang out at the airport and ask for donations...we just load you right on the bus (or blue van), and tell you about making "all your dreams come true"....and then YOU sign over your money!:p

I second the vote for funniest thread!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hey, come to think of it....they were pushing the lemonade at the Boardwalk DVC open house last Monday.....my DH and I joined Wednesday.....

that is some potent lemonade........:eek:

This is a hilarious thread. One of the most creative I've seen in a long time. Nick and Cindy-LOVE the conehead!!!!!!

Switching gears back to the OP...I'm bumping this up because I hope the OP will let us know how he is feeling now that he realized he bought an expensive timeshare with many rules and regulations that he doesn't have time to read about, and dues that I hope he has time to pay, and didn't just merely "join" a club. I'd recommend starting with the paperwork that your wife signed when she signed the downpayment check. I hope you get up to speed soon, then feel free to ask any other questions you might have.

Cult? No. It's a timeshare. It comes with a deed. It's not really a "club." It's certainly not a cult.

The interesting thing to me is that the OP hasn't ever bothered to responed to his own thread...

Originally posted by zurgswife
The interesting thing to me is that the OP hasn't ever bothered to responed to his own thread...

Zurgswife, that happens a LOT!! At least we're having fun with it LOL...

The people who most aggressively deny something is a cult are the ones who belong to it. Not DVC, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter