Is This a Good Price for National Rental?

cindala

<font color=blue>Must solemnly vow NEVER to toggle
Using the DC code and coupon for a free weekend day, I come up with a fullsize, EA service with all taxes for 8 days for $166.59 for the beginning of July.

Last year we paid $152 for the same service. Do you think it will go lower? I hate booking more than one ressie if the rates go down, National is famous for messing that up. Any ideas?

Thanks!:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

That's the same price it quote me for a month earlier. I'd book the ressie, then keep checking the website. If the price drops make a new ressie and THEN cancel the one you won't use.

Thanks everyone!!!:) I went back to the National web site, and tried several more combinations of coupons and contract codes. I managed to get it down a few more dollars using the DC contract code and the Entertainment coupon code for $20 off a rental. Now I am down to $163.69 from $166.59. This is for full-size, EA service 8 days, and all taxes. I'll keep watching to see if the weekly or daily rates come down.

One thing I was wondering, on both the reservation confirmation form from National, and the e-mail confirmation it says that $163.69 is the total estimate. Why is it an estimate? I thought this rate is locked in. Anyone know? Thanks again!:D

Because you might return the car a little earlier or later, which will affect your rate. We once returned a car 2 hours late to Alamo (in Las Vegas) and the additional charges were $11.53 per hour! :)

There may also be a tax rate change or new airport fee that they would pass on to the renter. I've always paid my estimated price...or less.

Just remember that National is now asking for the coupons that we all enter for bigger discounts. My BIL and I ( two separate cars) used a coupon from mousesavers.com last month, that was available to anyone. They actually asked for the coupon- he had to come back to my car and see if I had the coupon. Thank goodnes I'd printed out two copies=- based on a heads-up from these boards! They also asked me (but not him) for a copy of my car insurance policy, since my EC contract declines any additional coverage. I did have it with me (had a friend have a problem after 9/11, so took it just in case). BIL also declines any coverage on his EC contract, so can't figure out why they asked me for my policy. Funny thing is, I've never had an accident, but he's had several, a couple of times with totalled vehicle! Go figure!

leebee

Thanks for the car insurance information. I'll make sure to bring a copy of the declarations page from my policy along with my Entertainment coupon. (Just recently had to change insurance because many of the companies are fleeing NJ! Gee wonder why?!:rolleyes:

Chuck S and pbhunt

Thanks for the information about the estimated price. That makes sense the way you explain it.:)

I am looking for a rental for the end of March, for 6 or 7 days, through National. The lowest price I could muster up was 191.35 for a Full Size (or intermediate or standard), using the Disney Club Contract ID and Coupon Code. Those are huge discounts, the problem seems to be the $221.99 weekly rate (before taxes) that I am getting for this car. Is there a Product Rate code out there or should I wait until it gets closer to try to book something?

Any suggestions on how to get this price down?

Thanks in advance for any help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter