Is this a good rate? Please help!

jen-n-greg

Mouseketeer
I am looking to book our first ever cruise and would like to know if this is a good rate: We were quoted for a family of 5 traveling 10/03 for the 7 day cruise in a category 4 stateroom about $5200 without air but with travel insurance. Is this good? And do you recommend insurance? This rate is only good a couple days so I need to know soon. Thanks:)

That would come to 1040 per person. Now last January, my family of three went on the seven day cruise for $887 for a Cat 4, but this did not include travel insurance or the airfare. Take it this info for what it is worth...

that was per person without airfare or travel insurance.

Wouldn't a January rate be lower than an October rate - less people are likely to travel in January therefore a better rate to attract more people?

that is probably so, but i thought she would be interested in seeing what a rate for the same room cat could run...maybe i shouldn't have posted it, since it was for January...

No, that's fine - it's good to see what other people have paid - but to keep in mind that rates are always changing. Even on the same cruise, prices for the same category are different. Do we ever really know if we've gotten a good rate?

Of course, October is in hurricane season. Go to Mousesavers and check that rate with their new cruise best rate schedule and go to Disney and see what they quote for that same cruise. Check Dreams Unlimited too. That's the best way to check a quote.

Can I ask why you booked a Cat 4 for a family of three? That is a good rate though. Was it $399 for the child and $999 for adults? How did you like going in January? I would think the weather is still warm in the south, but how cold was Castaway Cay? I was thinking about going for my birthday, which is early Jan.

To get the best rates. Normally we get a suite on Carnival or NCL, but the price was so much higher on the Disney that we though we would go with a smaller room and try it. Call me spoiled, but i got to have a big balcony!!!

water was warm, no problems swimming or snorkeling...Not sure what the rates for adults versus kids was, but i recall the total price. Actually we had gotten a twelve hundred dollar refund because cruises for January went on sale, so that was a nice little bonus...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!