Is this a no brainer?

katyringo

DIS Veteran
Tell me this is a no brainer.

We had del sol booked for $875 for the trip.

Grand legacy just offered 50% off four our dates so I also booked there for 477- $400 dollars cheaper.

The only difference is a slight longer walk (like maybe 2 mins longer) and the room would only have 2 queeen beds instead of 2 beds and bunk beds. They say roll away is available. It’s me, hubby. Our 6 year old, and 2 year old.

We would be a bit more cramped.. BUT $400?!?

Wont your 6 year old and 2 year old sleep in the same bed? I think staying across the street, if you're just looking for a clean room and beds, I would choose the savings.

Def a no brainer. It’s literally 2 minutes farther, like you said, and I believe the pool area is nicer- important for a 6-year-old! :-) The only negatives I’ve heard about Grand Legacy is noise from the rooftop bar at night. Depending on where your room is located, it might be good to have a white noise machine or app on your phone for the kids. Or earplugs for the adults.

Looks like breakfast isn't included at Grand Legacy, and the beds in their basic rooms are only doubles, not queens. I'd probably still take the savings over the larger room, but I would have to pair up a kid with an adult for sleeping. Hubs and I can't sleep together comfortably in a double bed, but that's just us. He's super tall and I'm fluffy and we're used to all the space of a king bed at home.

Grand Legacy is MUCH nicer. I have stayed at both, and while the Del Sol is fine, I’d prefer to stay at the Grand Legacy. Don’t worry about breakfast not being included there. The Del Sol breakfast is only a barely adequate continental.

I was just asking about Desert Inn pool today on another thread where we were warned to stay away. After looking at the pictures on the website, I remember seeing it on a previous trip and definitely agree. Grand Legacy pool is much better! It is in the parking lot, as many are, but it's pretty nice with a zero entry and some spray type feature little ones enjoy. even if you don't plan on spending much time there, it's nice for a quick dip on a hot day. Usually wakes mine up and gets them moving after a nap or cools us down before nap if it's really hot out. I've stayed at Grand legacy 2-3 times over the last few years and wouldn't hesitate to switch! They do offer a little snack bag in the mornings given out by the pool. It's always been a bottle of water, an apple, cheesetick and a granola bar (crunchy) . Not great, but at least something and water to start the day. My kids won't eat apples not cut up (teens with braces) so I always pack a slicer and some pieces of foil to wrap them up in and take them to the park. They'll keep pretty well if you put them back together and wrap in foil as whole and drop in a zip lock. At least one healthy snack to go with churros and dole whips!
As for the noise from the bar, we've never heard it but usually close down the parks and haven't stayed too close to that side.
All in all...I think it's a great choice and for $400 I'd change in a heartbeat! Be sure to ask about parking if you have a car...I think's it's $20-25/day.
Have a great trip!

Just ask to be in the outer hotel. I once stayed in the closest room to check in outside of the main hotel and never heard any noise from the bar or the street.

You can pick up a snack bag in the pool room in the morning-bottle of water, apple, cheese, granola bar usually.

Just ask to be in the outer hotel. I once stayed in the closest room to check in outside of the main hotel and never heard any noise from the bar or the street.

You can pick up a snack bag in the pool room in the morning-bottle of water, apple, cheese, granola bar usually.

The dicription of the room states it’s in the back facing the pool?

You should be fine then, the pool is in the middle of the parking lot and you might be the farthest away from the bar.

Pro tip-if the little ones can stay up a little to see fireworks-you can view them from the bar (not perfect viewing-but you are already almost to your room and way ahead of the crowds)-and they pipe in Dl music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!