Is this a possibility...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneFamily

Earning My Ears
We will be going the first week of April as a point of reference. We have been to Disney many times. DS8 is super exited about SWGE. DW is NOT excited about getting up early. 😉 I myself am an early riser.
I am sure this may have been discussed, but find it easier to ask for advice or thoughts.

Here is my idea...I get up early and head to HS around 6am to get a Boarding Group (don’t really care about the timing, just would like it before 3:00ish). Then head back to pick up family and head back to park.
First, will I even get a BG with getting there around 6? Second, does a BG take place of a FP (i.e. Tier 1)?

Am I crazy to think this idea would work? TIA

Only if you are the only one who wants to ride. Everyone must have entered into the park to get in a boarding group.

If still using boarding groups, it will have no connection to fastpasses.

We will be going the first week of April as a point of reference. We have been to Disney many times. DS8 is super exited about SWGE. DW is NOT excited about getting up early. 😉 I myself am an early riser.
I am sure this may have been discussed, but find it easier to ask for advice or thoughts.

Here is my idea...I get up early and head to HS around 6am to get a Boarding Group (don’t really care about the timing, just would like it before 3:00ish). Then head back to pick up family and head back to park.
First, will I even get a BG with getting there around 6? Second, does a BG take place of a FP (i.e. Tier 1)?

Am I crazy to think this idea would work? TIA

To get a BG, you just need to be in the park before opening time. Everyone joins at the same time, opening time, so as long as you’re in by then your arrival time doesn’t matter unless you want to be at the front of the pack to rope drop an attraction.

Just want to make sure you’re aware, if you go to the park alone to get a BG, it is good for only you. So yes this would work, but you would be riding alone once you return with your family.

It is completely separate from FP.

I see. So all of us need to be there to sign up. Is it like getting in a line queue just to get your boarding group number? Can you only get a BG in the actual park or is it possible to do it from MDE app?

I see. So all of us need to be there to sign up. Is it like getting in a line queue just to get your boarding group number? Can you only get a BG in the actual park or is it possible to do it from MDE app?

You get your BG on the app, or with a CM in park if you do not have access to a mobile device with the app. There is no line to wait in once you’ve entered DHS.

Anyone who wants to ride must be tapped into DHS that morning.

Nope everyone has to be tapped into HS to get into a boarding group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter