Is this a spot for future Disney construction?

TuneTownMagic

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could identify a cleared space of land that looks like it's being worked on at WDW. I wondered if it is possibly a site for a future resort or some other resort parking lot perhaps, or maybe something else entirely. I saw this yesterday on the monorail from Epcot to the MK and it was on the left side of the road. I don't know the road name but you could see the Swan and Dolphin behind the trees beyond the cleared area. Thanks for your insight!

That sounds like you were seeing the area that they were previously using as the collection point for dirt dug out for the foundations of the new Star Wars land buildings.

While that's possible, I think they may be referring to all of the work being done in/around the corner of World Drive and EPCOT Center drive. They are clearing trees in this area, and I thought I had read that this would be the site of a man-made lake to help manage/control stormwater. I'll try to find the link to the article. There's construction all around and you can see quite a bit of it from the elevated monorail tracks, so hard to say exactly what you saw, but left side of the tracks as you're leaving EPCOT would be the general vicinity of World Dr. and EPCOT Center Dr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter