Is this an authentic Shellie May or a fake?

MickeyMouseDreams

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am new to the forum (hopefully I’m posting in the correct place - please let me know if I need to move/delete it!) and had a question I was wondering if anyone familiar with Shellie May would be kind enough to take a look at? I understand there are unfortunately a lot of fakes out there. I just purchased one on eBay for my daughter from a small USA seller who said it is authentic. The pictures aren’t the best, and it is missing the hair bow sadly, but does it like an authentic Shellie or a fake? I did ask the seller what the tag said since I couldn’t tell from the pictures, and they said the tag says made in Vietnam. Once it arrives I will hopefully be able to take some better pictures to share. I would just love to have an idea from someone with more familiarity and a better eye than mine. Real or fake? Thank you so much!! ☺

ShellieMay is mostly manufactured in Vietnam so that's normal but there were also time periods she was manufactured in China. Your tags and placement of the tags seem correct for ShellieMay sold in Aulani, Disneyland and Disney World. They are not correct for ShellieMay sold in DisneySea, Hong Kong or Shanghai. She often comes with a storybook and additional tags attached to either her hand or ear which have been removed in your case.

One thing that seems unusual is the ripped price label on the tag. From all the ShellieMays that I remember, the barcode is attached at the hand either on a separate card or stuck to the storybook. Strange barcode placement could mean that this was a sale item, sold in an unusual manner such as in the Cast Member store or just some exception to my experience.

Hope that helps.

I'm thinking the ShellieMay tag on her left leg will tell you where the bear was sold. Ours which we purchased at Tokyo Disney says "TokyoDisneySea" with the copyright Disney name and Made in Vietnam.
The white "mickey" shape of her face does look wider than ours, and we don't have the white DisneyParks tag, but they did make different versions previous to the one we purchased (back in 2018) and probably made different versions for different parks/locations so would make sense this one may have been from Aulani or one of the US Parks (they were selling them there for a short period of time). The purple sticker remenent on the "DisneyParks" tag looks like part of the price sticker from Goodwill (I used to go thrifting a lot). So it could be the seller found this at Goodwill and is reselling it, which is very common. The ShellieMay tag looks legit and she looks in great shape, hope your daughter loves her, mine's does!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter