Is This an Error Masterpiece Clamshell of Pete's Dragon?

Joet

Earning My Ears
Just going through our collection and found that the copy of Pete's Dragon we purchased at Target in the early 90's does not have the "Masterpiece Collection" or castle printed on the front or spine of the Clamshell. It's still sealed...I have been searching google images and have not found another like it??? Anyone have any idea if this was printed in error??
Walt_Disney_s_Masterpiece_Pete_s_Dragon_ERROR_CLAMSHE_68073.JPG

Walt_Disney_s_Masterpiece_Pete_s_Dragon_ERROR_CLAMSHE_80943.JPG

Walt_Disney_s_Masterpiece_Pete_s_Dragon_ERROR_CLAMSHE_80945.JPG
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

hummm......definitely looking forward to hearing about this......hope someone has the answer.........

And now I have to go pull out all of my Disney vhs tapes and look at them!

I would be inclined to say that was probably a mis-print on the insert. Given that you bought it at Target, I doubt it's a knock-off, which would have been another possible scenario.

Definitely bought it at Target...It's funny how I never paid attention to those things so many years ago. I was just collecting movies and paid no mind to the artwork on the clamshell. I wonder how many of these there are in the wild...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!