Hollywood studios opens at 7am
Ride star tours

Animal kingdom opens at 8am
Ride dinosaur

Magic kingdom opens at 9am
Arrive In the park by 9.30am ?

We will have a car.

Ok, have to ask. Why?

Likely because you can't park anywhere near the main gate of Magic Kingdom. You have to park at the Ticket & Transportation center, then wait for a monorail that will bring you to MK. At HS you are parking in the vicinity of the main gate, though you'll still have some time either with walking or waiting for a tram to bring you to the gate. I am not as familiar with the AK parking, but I think it's a bit of a hike there too.

Likely because you can't park anywhere near the main gate of Magic Kingdom. You have to park at the Ticket & Transportation center, then wait for a monorail that will bring you to MK. At HS you are parking in the vicinity of the main gate, though you'll still have some time either with walking or waiting for a tram to bring you to the gate. I am not as familiar with the AK parking, but I think it's a bit of a hike there too.

I think they were asking "why this particular plan," not "why will it be closer to 10." But good explanation for why it will be difficult to get to MK by 9:30, though.

Or a totally silly idea?

Nov 30th

Hollywood studios opens at 7am
Ride star tours

Animal kingdom opens at 8am
Ride dinosaur

Magic kingdom opens at 9am
Arrive In the park by 9.30am ?

We will have a car.
You’ll be able to get around quicker if you take an Uber rather than drive. There are usually Uber’s and taxis in the parking lot ready to pick you up. Parking will waste time on your tight schedule.

Seems like it might be better to get to the MK by 8:30 to be one of the 1st ones in and use the early morning to go on lots of rides there while the lines are short. They let you walk up to the castle at least an hour before the park opens.

Wait, so 2 hours is all you need to do a ride at both HS and AK? I thought it would have taken longer. I need to look over my schedule again.

I'd go for Tower of Terror instead at DHS. Star Tours might be too much that early and I think Tower of Terror might actually be more tame, but that's just me. However, timeline, I think it's doable as long as you walk super fast!

I'd go for Tower of Terror instead at DHS. Star Tours might be too much that early and I think Tower of Terror might actually be more tame, but that's just me. However, timeline, I think it's doable as long as you walk super fast!

Wait you think Star Tours is worst than Tower of Terror? I have never been to Hollywood Studios but my wife has and she won't go on tower of terror. She does however love Soarin and I assumed it was similar to star tours lol

Wait, so 2 hours is all you need to do a ride at both HS and AK? I thought it would have taken longer. I need to look over my schedule again.

That totally depends on the rides you are choosing. The two the OP want to do are NOT busy right at opening, so an hour for each should work and they are driving, so they don't have to depend on the buses.

Wait you think Star Tours is worst than Tower of Terror? I have never been to Hollywood Studios but my wife has and she won't go on tower of terror. She does however love Soarin and I assumed it was similar to star tours lol

Star Tours and ToT are totally different rides with a different "scare" to them. Star Tours is somewhat like Soarin' in that it is a simulation ride, but it is jerkier than Soarin' because you're on a space ship encountering different things. ToT is a thrill ride with drops. I can't do the drops anymore (age does things to your equilibrium), but I can do Star Tours.[/QUOTE]

That totally depends on the rides you are choosing. The two the OP want to do are NOT busy right at opening, so an hour for each should work and they are driving, so they don't have to depend on the buses.

Star Tours and ToT are totally different rides with a different "scare" to them. Star Tours is somewhat like Soarin' in that it is a simulation ride, but it is jerkier than Soarin' because you're on a space ship encountering different things. ToT is a thrill ride with drops. I can't do the drops anymore (age does things to your equilibrium), but I can do Star Tours.

Yeah, the rides make the difference but it just made me rethink my plan as I was leaving too much time in between things lol

Ah ok, thanks. I figure star tours won't be an issue then since we aren't high up in the sky. According to my daughter none of the rides are scary so I am not asking her for feedback anymore lol

Last edited:

Yeah, the rides make the difference but it just made me rethink my plan as I was leaving too much time in between things lol

Ah ok, thanks. I figure star tours won't be an issue then since we aren't high up in the sky. According to my daughter none of the rides are scary so I am not asking her for feedback anymore lol
[/QUOTE]
The only feedback you need is right here on the dis

Star Tours is nowhere near as amazing as Soarin' (obviously my opinion). Star Tours is just a little simulator. It's fun as a time filler but nothing I would make a special entrance into the park for. Soarin' s a far more wonderful and memorable experience. Soarin' isn't really a "simulator" in the same sense as Star Tours. Not sure what you mean by "high up in the sky". The technology of the Star Tours simulator is nowhere near as realistic as Soarin'... I just don't want you all to be disappointed if you are expecting a Soarin' type of experience from Star Tours....

Also, as far as "scary", ToT is an actual "scary" experience, whereas Star Tours is like watching something "scary" on TV. Big difference.

Star Tours is nowhere near as amazing as Soarin' (obviously my opinion). Star Tours is just a little simulator. It's fun as a time filler but nothing I would make a special entrance into the park for. Soarin' s a far more wonderful and memorable experience. Soarin' isn't really a "simulator" in the same sense as Star Tours. Not sure what you mean by "high up in the sky". The technology of the Star Tours simulator is nowhere near as realistic as Soarin'... I just don't want you all to be disappointed if you are expecting a Soarin' type of experience from Star Tours....
I think being lifted up to 50 feet off the ground can be a scary experience for some people and feel "high in the sky".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter