Is this enough space?

karen4546

DIS Veteran
we rented points (rooms) through broker today. We rented a value studio for daughter and grandson and a 2br at JAMBO HOUSE -in the 2br will be myself and DH in Master and Son, dil, dil's mother in br 2. Granddaughters (4 and 5) will sleep on sofa in living room. Does that sound okay ? Granddaughter may sleep with me in king. Ed and DH will sleep on sofa in LR.

DH and I are early risers and that is why we ant to put our daughter in laws mother in their room. I guess we could have granddaughter and her in the LR so son could have privacy but she is not an early riser.

Idk I just want everyone to be comfortable and DH did not want to book 3 separate studios for the 9 of us -even though it would have saved money. He knows the studio may be in a totally different area from us but he likes the common area in a 2br.

Do you think we should give the studio to son, dil and her mother and put our adult daughter, grandson, and 2 grandaughters in the 2br? (Granddaughters often stay with us and sleep in my bed while DH sleeps in another bedroom).

We paid for the rooms so we will get the master bedroom but it does not matter to me how DD and grandson and DS and his wife, DSMIL, and 2 granddaughter split up.

We are paying all the grandkids expenses (tickets, airfare, dining plan etc. but adult have to pay for ticket, dining and airfare).

Should we book another studio? The grand villa would have been same sleeping situation but with larger common areas.

It is Disney so it is going to be wonderful.

Is your 2 bedroom a "value" unit or a regular unit? If it is a regular unit, you could put DIL's Mom in the 2nd bedroom by herself, Son and DIL and Grand daughters (I assume they are their kids) into the studio. Daughter and Grandson in living room, with grandson on sleeper chair and daughter in sleeper sofa, you and hubby in king. The value 2 bedrooms don't have a sleeper chair.

This is why larger units would not work for our family. Especially if you feel like you should get the master because you're paying (you certainly can! It just doesn't sound practical). If it were me, the early risers get the living room. I'd want the kids in a room so they can be settled down and put to bed, either with both their parents or the MIL. So, either MIL or son & wife get the king bedroom. Let them hash it out. If you and DH want to be up and making coffee, breakfast, want to go in and out of the room, etc. you will be happier out there than being stuck in your bedroom trying not to wake anybody.

But if you get 3 studios, you are trying to put your son, his wife, her mom and 2 kids in there? I'm thinking you'd need to take the grandkids...?

Seriously, take the living room.

My family of six adults and three children have done well together in a 2 BR unit. So it can be done. However, sounds like in your scenario, having a separate studio might be a good idea.

We do not like anyone sleeping in the living room of our 2 bedrooms so that early risers can get up, make coffee and use that area. That is one of the main reasons we enjoy 2 bedrooms.

If that is important to you, I would do what is necessary to make that happen. Get another studio, or adjust the occupants around so that the living room is open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts