Is this person on FB in charge of Fish Extender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this isn’t the right place to ask this, then I apologize.

I first read about FE on here ages ago and now that I’m finally going on a Disney cruise I wanted to join a group and participate. There wasn’t yet a group for my sailing so I decided to start one. I googled around and found an FE group on Facebook. I joined and was told in order to form a group for my sailing I would have to talk with the owner/admin if the page, get approved etc. It was kind of an ordeal? But whatever. The group was established and we went about our merry way.

But something that my group and I have noticed (we have discussed this at great length) is how controlling this particular Admin/Page Owner is. The FE Page is huge and has a lot of members. At first I liked it because it was awesome to see so many people posting their gifts; it was a great page to look at to get ideas. But every other post is shut down by this particular Admin. She limits what people can talk about. She has tried to interfere with our group and how it is run. She seems to be a “rule follower”, which is fine, but I’m not so okay with it if I feel like it is interfering with my own group.

I became friends with another person who is in another cruise date group and she said that some time ago, this Admin was in her group because she was sailing with them. She said it was horrible having them in the group because they were controlling everything, deleting posts that even mentioned “alcohol” etc. Yikes.

What my group and I were wondering: can we ask to be unlinked from this page? Is this Admin in charge of FE? Did she invent the concept? Do we have to abide by all of her rules? We all agree that we just don’t want to deal with her anymore but we aren’t sure if we have to go through her in order to participate.

Thanks!

Back a few years ago I started a FB page for an upcoming cruise. I had this one lady ask to join our group and immediately sent me a private message asking to make her an admin, I didn't. She almost drove me crazy, sending me private message telling me this person said this this person said that, one time I had someone ask to join and I approved them ended up they were a company from the Bahamas wanting to advertise their business for our cruise. I was busy uhhhh because I work, she was sending me messages in all caps that this person was a troll etc not one message but several. I finally was able to pick up my phone and look and I deleted the person from the FB group. She then started calling me on FB messenger, and when I didn't answer she would send a message complaining about how I was or wasn't running the group, she didn't like the way I had set the group up it was a private group not a secret group. I didn't run the group I let people do and say what they wanted, If someone had made threats or was being vulgar I would not have allowed that, I approved people for the group and deleted people from the group, apparently not fast enough for her. She just about pushed me over the edge. I finally had to send her a message and tell her that she needed to stop harassing me or I was going to report her to FB. People can be awful to deal with. All I got to say is God bless their families.

Back a few years ago I started a FB page for an upcoming cruise. I had this one lady ask to join our group and immediately sent me a private message asking to make her an admin, I didn't. She almost drove me crazy, sending me private message telling me this person said this this person said that, one time I had someone ask to join and I approved them ended up they were a company from the Bahamas wanting to advertise their business for our cruise. I was busy uhhhh because I work, she was sending me messages in all caps that this person was a troll etc not one message but several. I finally was able to pick up my phone and look and I deleted the person from the FB group. She then started calling me on FB messenger, and when I didn't answer she would send a message complaining about how I was or wasn't running the group, she didn't like the way I had set the group up it was a private group not a secret group. I didn't run the group I let people do and say what they wanted, If someone had made threats or was being vulgar I would not have allowed that, I approved people for the group and deleted people from the group, apparently not fast enough for her. She just about pushed me over the edge. I finally had to send her a message and tell her that she needed to stop harassing me or I was going to report her to FB. People can be awful to deal with. All I got to say is God bless their families.

I would have cut her out of the group, but that's just me. No one needs that crap.

Goodness, what a loon. If that happens again, report it to Facebook and block her.

OMG I would that is awful.

I guess we've been lucky so far. I'm not a member of any of those controlling groups, so never looked for an FE exchange through them. We've always just done general searches using our cruise date/ship/itinerary and found the groups for that specific sailing. So far, they have all been very good groups - no issues with heavy-handed admins, lots of great info shared, etc. In one case, since so many of us were from the tri-state area, one member hosted a gathering a few weeks before the cruise. So, many of us had already met in person before we even got onboard. It was very nice. In each case, the FE exchanges were organized though these groups (which, to my knowledge at least, have not been affiliated with the people/groups that inspired this thread) without any issues. I can't imagine putting up with anyone as controlling as the people who have been described here. I wouldn't change my sailing, but I would just leave the group. Whether on F B or when it was primarily done here, I'm not a fan in general of FE exchanges where there are any kind of rules - particularly where there is an attempt to restrict items (such as candy, etc) from being given. You're never going to like everything you receive, and similarly, not everyone is going to like what you give out. That's just the way it goes. As long as you approach it with the proper attitude (Hakuna Matata/no worries!) it will be fine.

very easy to do, set up a free website which will show up in Google search and then put a redirect to the the DIS,. This means that when someone clicks on the link they get automatically sent to here. Just needs someone who knows about such things and has done it before....... :rolleyes1:scratchin:confused3

I was thinking about a facebook group, thats most likely where the search would happen.

It is funny. I just realized that she was the admin of our FB page for the Wonder Vancouver to San Diego cruise in 2015.i get the impression that she was new at it then, since I don't recall anything off about how she ran the page.

Since this thread has appeared, I have paid more attention to this person's posts on the Disney Cruise Line Junkies FB page. I have never had a negative experience with her; however, I just want to comment that her grammar in her posts is horrible. It's driving me nuts! There, I've said it. Feel free to continue with your day. :)

MUN

She deletes posts she does not like.

good point, but if someone searches on Google, a website will show up before a Facebook page :rolleyes1:surfweb:

Possibly. It all depends on the search engine you use. It also depends on the words you use. But as many people are on facebook if they search there, thats whats going to show up.

Since this thread has appeared, I have paid more attention to this person's posts on the Disney Cruise Line Junkies FB page. I have never had a negative experience with her; however, I just want to comment that her grammar in her posts is horrible. It's driving me nuts! There, I've said it. Feel free to continue with your day. :)

MUN

It's nice to know I am not the only one who gets annoyed with poor grammar and spelling!

So....that applies to hundreds of people who are creating and selling FE gifts, magnets, etc. Disney could have a field day on Etsy, Ebay, and even Amazon.
The answer is, it depends. It's possible to use a licensed image and be completely legal. However, if you are downloading images that are not officially licensed and making things from them, you could be violating copyright law. Most companies won't enforce individuals who are just doing it for themselves, but when they start selling the stuff, they are crossing a line in the sand, especially if they are marketing the items and selling for profit.

There are a variety of things that could be happening. Some images are Disney Copyrighted. Some are protected by trademark rights (e.g. logos, fonts).

There is a very short but informative article here:
http://info.legalzoom.com/legal-use-disney-characters-21231.html

I also found this article to be quite interesting about how Disney has continued to protect the copyrights to Mickey.
https://atp.orangenius.com/how-mickey-mouse-keeps-changing-copyright-law/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter