Is this person on FB in charge of Fish Extender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my group! Started on opening day in October when I booked. I did not allow her to take over my group. She then removed the Sailing off "her" directory page and banned me from her group(s) because I would not allow her to take over the sailing. Even when asked if they wanted to play nice, they refused! That group is a bunch of bullies and if they can't control you or your actions you are tossed out of the world they seem to think they control.
I do not think Disney will be interested in the sticker maker for FEs. I do think Disney will be interested in the fact she is controlling things to the point people are changing their cruises! Cancelling Cruises and not participating in activities on cruises because of this behaviors of this 'group' should be a concern of DCL. The 'group' has a vested interest in controlling these FE/sailing pages, I dare say $ must drive this. Why else would they want to control so much? It would be insanity not to have a motivating factor such as money. The 'group' has multiple items for sale and I believe they make a decent profit from these items they market to people on the cruise sailing/fe pages. I am not asking Disney to police FB or Etsy groups. I want the "group" shut down because they are infringing on the Disney brand, probably making tons of money and the 'group' no way represents anything Disney is about.
I cancelled a cruise because I didn't want to sail with them. It wasn't the only reason, but it tipped me towards cancelling.

You don't need your group listed on her page. I doubt ours is, actually I don't know. I just search FB for a group with our ship and sail date.

That's how I found mine, too. But then I checked and yes, it's listed in the crazy group's page. Yours probably is, too. :sad2:

You don't need your group listed on her page. I doubt ours is, actually I don't know. I just search FB for a group with our ship and sail date.
Ours can't be either, since she's never appeared. And we have over 200 people so we're still easy to find.

I'm now curious whether there's a parallel group running under her management for the same cruise though. That could really confuse the first-time cruisers who are going around to fill FEs and see hangers that aren't on their list.

I'm now curious whether there's a parallel group running under her management for the same cruise though. That could really confuse the first-time cruisers who are going around to fill FEs and see hangers that aren't on their list.

It's been our experience that there are always several unrelated FE Exchanges happening on each cruise. Whenever I organize an exchange (which I've always done on the DISBoards Meets thread), I always tell everyone to be sure to print and pack their list of participants and their cabin numbers.

Ours can't be either, since she's never appeared. And we have over 200 people so we're still easy to find.

She’s never appeared on my cruise group page but we are still the group listed on her site. I’m just hoping that doesn’t change (the part about her not getting involved). When I look for other groups I cannot find any. Maybe because we have a nice group so people seem to stick around?

Every time I've done FE, we always get a cabin list of those who are in our group. I'm not sure why anyone would fill random ones unless they're pixie dusting.

If she comes at you guys and orders you around, tell her to shove off. It's your group, not hers. If she wants to unlist your group and ban you from her page, no great loss.

Oh I completely agree! I’m not the moderator so I guess it won’t be up to me. But I see no great value (or any value really) in being attached to that awful page.

We also have a wonderful laid back cruise group, with FE being only a small part of it. I agree that woman is horrible and I left her groups as well because of how she, her moderators and her husband spoke to people. If she ever tried to join our group I would hope the moderators would shut her down, though we are listed on her group directory.

The multiple group thing can be a bit of an issue. We're on a cruise that created a separate group once AK decided to come in and lock things down. Now there are two FB groups plus the DIS meet thread. Some follow all three and then start to get confused when they sign up for FE in multiple places. I've had a number of folks in the second "fun" group ask me what's going on and why there are two groups. I politely explain that the second "fun" group was created when a number of members were banned from the previous group. They were welcome to stay in both so long as they believed they could follow the rules and not end up getting banned. That group run by AK is just now starting to figure out the gaps in their FE groups and other group sign ups because they banned people after they had signed up to participate in things. They are now removing people from those activities that were removed from that FB group. Fortunately, there is another group they can come join to have the same experience without all the drama. This second group has over 300 members.

The multiple group thing can be a bit of an issue. We're on a cruise that created a separate group once AK decided to come in and lock things down. Now there are two FB groups plus the DIS meet thread. Some follow all three and then start to get confused when they sign up for FE in multiple places. I've had a number of folks in the second "fun" group ask me what's going on and why there are two groups. I politely explain that the second "fun" group was created when a number of members were banned from the previous group. They were welcome to stay in both so long as they believed they could follow the rules and not end up getting banned. That group run by AK is just now starting to figure out the gaps in their FE groups and other group sign ups because they banned people after they had signed up to participate in things. They are now removing people from those activities that were removed from that FB group. Fortunately, there is another group they can come join to have the same experience without all the drama. This second group has over 300 members.
I am in total shock. I knew they take control but this is over the top. I'm sorry for the drama you are experiencing. It just shouldn't be that way. What's really sad is that the DCL newbies have no clue.

This is an insane amount of drama for a vacation. I can’t imagine my vacation plans being jerked around so much by someone not even traveling with my cruise.

The sad part is that it seems most are drinking her kool-aid. I tried to join the sailing group for my cruise here on the Dis and was directed to the social media page. I'm not very happy about it, but that's all there is for our sailing. We are sailing June 1 on the Dream. We are not joining the FE exchange....too much drama and too high expectations. It's not fun anymore.

Are you sure? I’ve always joined a FB group specific for my cruise through a page call Disney cruise meet Facebook groups. I’ve never even heard of this FB FE Page. Once I join a FB group, admins or other members set up FE groups specific to our group with no outside influence. I don’t participate in FE groups, but my daughter and granddaughters do when sail with us. They only do FE for 7 night cruises.

Yes, happened with one of my upcoming cruises. They created a second FB group because they didnt like the way our original and large group was set up then removed all references to our group.

WOW. I saw this thread and I can so relate. I joined a cruise specific FB group that was started very early after booking window opened. It was great at first. Then, several months in, these ladies started creating rules. I really had no idea what was going on, so I asked a few questions and was summarily thrown out of the group. PM notes were ignored. Fortunately someone else started another FB group for the same sailing that grew to a few hundred members and is so much fun!! I can usually co-exist with almost anyone, but not these ladies.

Unfortunately they have created this "network" of several different FB groups that they watch. I was not surprised to see in this thread that they can sometimes come in after the group was created and "convince" the original creator to allow them to "take over" admin. Then the "fun" begins.

This behavior is one of the reasons I stay on the DIS and a BIG reason why the DIS doesn't allow FB cruise groups or other FB groups to be mentioned on the DIS.

Ha! Sounds exactly like what happened to one of my cruise groups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter