Is this realistic?

Hi guys - crazy days here, more on that later, but first...

Don't think we'll be doing runDisney again, though...it was a bit of a disappointment. That, plus some foot issues, led to a bit of a funk lately, but looking forward to getting into a routine again. Plus, the doc confirmed at least a little bit of weight loss (and suggestions for my achy feet), so hoping to continue that trend in 2017.
I'm so sorry you had a disappointing race, and I'd recommend that you give one a try again later once you get your times down a little bit. The problem with slower paces is that you start later and then the picture lines are long. I've heard folks complain about that, but starting the slower runners would be worse, so the problem remains. I don't run all that fast, but one or two corrals make a difference. (I'd suggest a Disneyland race, too - they tend to be smaller...what gets me in the middle of the pack at WDW gets me corral A/B at DLR). Also, I've always found the first few miles of the WDW races are boring getting to the parks, but DLR is the opposite with the first few miles in the park and then out through the city streets. Anyway, get the foot fixed first! What other stuff do you have on the docket?

The wife is moved out! She still has clothes here and some other small stuff but I officially helped her move the rest of the big stuff yesterday. She has been sleeping there since last Friday. It's been a long road and I told you guys on this thread I had a plan and so far it is working how I wanted. The kids are happy with the transition. So, I had to come here and thank you guys because this thread was a huge help for me back when this all started. I wish @StayCool would come back too.
Congratulations! I was worried about you never making it to where you are now, because it didn't seem like she was in a hurry to be gone, but I'm glad it's come to that! I'm so, so, glad the kids are doing well. I have to admit that even at age 6, I knew things would be better when my parents split.

Other than that, I ran for the first time yesterday as well. The doctor said I could start in January and I started yesterday. I wanted to do at least a mile but would do longer if it didn't hurt. Well, it hurt but I pushed out 1.11 miles.
Congratulations again! That's officially more miles than I've run this year. That's going to change soon, for sure...I start some Navy schools in two weeks and lunch hour means gym time!

So...before I go up to soothe the angry puppy...the movers come in roughly 36 hours. First stuff that goes into long term storage and stuff that goes out ahead of me (mostly kitchen stuff, baby stuff, and uniforms. Also linens and towels. Then Tuesday the BIG move starts. The packers come and work for a full day, then Wednesday the movers come and load the truck. To load onto a slow boat to Naples. On Friday my mom flies out to CA, on Monday (MLK Day) I drive an hour south and check into the first of a series of temporary homes. I should be back in the city the next weekend, which stinks because it's the Inaugural Weekend and it's going to be a bloody mess - it always is since I live (will have lived?) within a few blocks of the security zone and the Women's March starts three blocks from my place...where I'll be to hand my poor neurotic dog to my cousin. Anyway, come about March 12th, the mini and I will hit the airport.

Hi guys - crazy days here, more on that later, but first...

I'm so sorry you had a disappointing race, and I'd recommend that you give one a try again later once you get your times down a little bit. The problem with slower paces is that you start later and then the picture lines are long. I've heard folks complain about that, but starting the slower runners would be worse, so the problem remains. I don't run all that fast, but one or two corrals make a difference. (I'd suggest a Disneyland race, too - they tend to be smaller...what gets me in the middle of the pack at WDW gets me corral A/B at DLR). Also, I've always found the first few miles of the WDW races are boring getting to the parks, but DLR is the opposite with the first few miles in the park and then out through the city streets. Anyway, get the foot fixed first! What other stuff do you have on the docket?

Congratulations! I was worried about you never making it to where you are now, because it didn't seem like she was in a hurry to be gone, but I'm glad it's come to that! I'm so, so, glad the kids are doing well. I have to admit that even at age 6, I knew things would be better when my parents split.

Congratulations again! That's officially more miles than I've run this year. That's going to change soon, for sure...I start some Navy schools in two weeks and lunch hour means gym time!

So...before I go up to soothe the angry puppy...the movers come in roughly 36 hours. First stuff that goes into long term storage and stuff that goes out ahead of me (mostly kitchen stuff, baby stuff, and uniforms. Also linens and towels. Then Tuesday the BIG move starts. The packers come and work for a full day, then Wednesday the movers come and load the truck. To load onto a slow boat to Naples. On Friday my mom flies out to CA, on Monday (MLK Day) I drive an hour south and check into the first of a series of temporary homes. I should be back in the city the next weekend, which stinks because it's the Inaugural Weekend and it's going to be a bloody mess - it always is since I live (will have lived?) within a few blocks of the security zone and the Women's March starts three blocks from my place...where I'll be to hand my poor neurotic dog to my cousin. Anyway, come about March 12th, the mini and I will hit the airport.

Am I missing something? Did you tell us you were moving before because I don't recall this?

One more piece of good news I didn't share yet because I didn't want to jinx anything but I had my first date in 23 years. It lead to a second date last night. It is weird going on a date after being with someone for 22 years but I got it out of the way. She is going to Disney this week and when she gets back we'll see if there is a third date in the works or not.

Am I missing something? Did you tell us you were moving before because I don't recall this?

One more piece of good news I didn't share yet because I didn't want to jinx anything but I had my first date in 23 years. It lead to a second date last night. It is weird going on a date after being with someone for 22 years but I got it out of the way. She is going to Disney this week and when she gets back we'll see if there is a third date in the works or not.
I think I told you, but can't remember. We are doing some work-related travel through the beginning of March, then flying to Naples, Italy for a couple of years. On the bright side, that means the Paris Half Marathon is much more reasonable! I'm considering 2018 WDW Marathon Weekend, but not entirely sure yet. I need to see what work looks like.

Congrats on the date! And a Disney person, but not a RunDisney person (or was she there for Marathon weekend)? Good luck.

You may have, I just didn't recall. I have been a little distracted lately. Good luck with the journey. There are worse places in the world than Italy, that's for sure.

The wife has shown her true colors. She found out how much she will owe me in child support and now is accusing me of abusing the kids so she can get full custody and avoid child support. But, I give her credit. She clearly had a plan and she conveniently waited until I finished helping her move last week.

She wasn't a runDisney person but I have talked her into her first 1/2 marathon for her 40th birthday at Marathon weekend next year. She is going to run the BAA 10K with me in June. I am guessing if she is willing to commit to that already that my chances of a third date are looking pretty good. :teeth:

You may have, I just didn't recall. I have been a little distracted lately. Good luck with the journey. There are worse places in the world than Italy, that's for sure.

The wife has shown her true colors. She found out how much she will owe me in child support and now is accusing me of abusing the kids so she can get full custody and avoid child support. But, I give her credit. She clearly had a plan and she conveniently waited until I finished helping her move last week.

She wasn't a runDisney person but I have talked her into her first 1/2 marathon for her 40th birthday at Marathon weekend next year. She is going to run the BAA 10K with me in June. I am guessing if she is willing to commit to that already that my chances of a third date are looking pretty good. :teeth:
Oh my. I hope the kids aren't going to be too influenced by her. They should be able to speak for themselves. Good luck.

My house is empty and on the rental market, I'm living out of suitcases and a rental Suburban (because of the inauguration, all of the small SUVs, vans, and large sedans have been rented by various government entities), so we have that going for us. I'm hoping to do more running now, though much of it will be inside.

Oh my. I hope the kids aren't going to be too influenced by her. They should be able to speak for themselves. Good luck.

My house is empty and on the rental market, I'm living out of suitcases and a rental Suburban (because of the inauguration, all of the small SUVs, vans, and large sedans have been rented by various government entities), so we have that going for us. I'm hoping to do more running now, though much of it will be inside.

My oldest is quite mad at her actually. She wants to stay with me but the wife won't let her and because she can pick her up earlier than I can from school she gets her without an order saying otherwise. I brought the police to the wife's apartment on Friday night after a series of texts from my daughter asking me to come get her because she was scared being there. But, the police couldn't do anything but check on her safety.

It has turned into a mess and I am really kicking myself for not filing for divorce right away, three years ago. But, I got an extra 3 years with the kids so it wasn't all bad. It is just a shame she has been so selfish. And the court isn't open today because of the holiday so I have to wait until at least tomorrow for my lawyer to file for an emergency hearing.

Living out of a suitcase, that sounds fun, not!

I'm sorry, that really sucks. It's good that your kids see what's happening - bad because it's sad for them, but good because they're old enough to say something if it comes to court. And your wife will find out that she's the one who will lose in the end.

The suitcase living sucks, that's for sure. I realized the last move (San Diego to DC in 2012) that I was reaching the end of my tolerance and this move confirms it...the next move back to the U.S. and hopefully to the DC area, will be the last for a good long time.

It does suck but oh well. I knew she'd flip out eventually. I am just happy I got three more years with the kids before it happened. Now I will move forward and make the best life for them I can.

You don't have the baby you said, right? I couldn't imagine living from a suitcase with a baby for more than a couple of days.

Oh, I have the kid with me. Also, the cat. Dog is staying with the people he always stays with when I travel until next week, when I will bring him up to MA to stay with my cousin until she brings him out later in March (about a week after me.) The only good thing is that my nanny is traveling with me, so I don't have to worry about child care.

Still no working out...last week was a bit of a disaster. Hoping this week is better.

Sorry its been so long for my response. I had a lot of stuff happen in the last month or so. I had to go to court for an emergency hearing to try and get my kids back. I won in court but then had to scramble to get stuff in order as I had no idea when I was getting my kids back and I had doctor's appts for the kids I had no notice about, etc... Its been a roller coaster the last few weeks. On top of that, I have dealt with a sinus infection/flu for the last few weeks as well.

I wasn't able to run for all the above reasons and my ankle needed more rest anyway. I started back running this week.

Sorry its been so long for my response. I had a lot of stuff happen in the last month or so. I had to go to court for an emergency hearing to try and get my kids back. I won in court but then had to scramble to get stuff in order as I had no idea when I was getting my kids back and I had doctor's appts for the kids I had no notice about, etc... Its been a roller coaster the last few weeks. On top of that, I have dealt with a sinus infection/flu for the last few weeks as well.

I wasn't able to run for all the above reasons and my ankle needed more rest anyway. I started back running this week.
Oh boy, that's just crazy. And my reply has taken forever because I didn't notice your reply.

So you have the kids now? I hope it wasn't too traumatic for you guys.

I'm in Italy, have been for about three weeks, but still living in a hotel. I signed a lease on Monday and my furniture comes tomorrow (YAY!). I can't actually fully move in until Tuesday because that's when the appliances come. The Navy provides appliances because most rentals don't have them and it's easier than making us all buy appliances we can't bring with us...so I have no stove/oven, fridge, washer, dryer, or microwave. Hard to live that way, though the restaurants here are sooooo cheap that I probably could just eat out every night. Anyway, loving Italy even if I sometimes curse the Italians and the Neopolitan ways. Not much in the way of working out for me, but the jogging stroller arrives tomorrow and I'm signed up for a 10k next weekend.

Hope things are looking up for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!