Is this right? A Burger King taco?

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
04065-2_BK_Web_CrispyTaco_Parchment_500x540_R_CR%5B1%5D.png

https://www.bk.com/menu-item/crispy-taco
Looks kind of like a Jack in the Box taco, although I guess BK is national while Jack in the Box isn't.

Im in, to me the cheaper the Mexican food the better. nothing I hate more to go to a 'nice" Mexican restaurant and they give you that shredded beef on a taco, yuk, yuk, yuk, it has to be cheap ground beef

Im in, to me the cheaper the Mexican food the better. nothing I hate more to go to a 'nice" Mexican restaurant and they give you that shredded beef on a taco, yuk, yuk, yuk, it has to be cheap ground beef
Carne asada, lengua, cabeza. And it should either come from a truck or from a place that looks like the tables are 30 years old.

Looks kind of like a Jack in the Box taco, although I guess BK is national while Jack in the Box isn't.

on a side note, I had never eaten a taco in my life, until i was 18, and the Nave sent me to Mt View Cal, and they had a jack n box right off base, I found out what a taco was and couldnt eat enough of them

on a side note, I had never eaten a taco in my life, until i was 18, and the Nave sent me to Mt View Cal, and they had a jack n box right off base, I found out what a taco was and couldnt eat enough of them
I'm not even sure you can truly call Jack in the Box ones tacos. Tacos aren't supposed to be deep fried. But whatever they are, they're addictive. I remember for a long time they were 2 for 99 cents, but now the price is more like 2 for $1.29.

It's definitely not an authentic "Mexican taco" but they are pretty darn good. I like them better than the Jack in the Box ones. We've had them at some local Burger King's for years... they used to be 2 for $1 something though. :laughing:

Funny story, we went to a semi local BK drive thru years ago and I ordered 2 tacos and it was just silence....I quickly scanned the menu and said do you not have tacos? And the person sounded so confused and said No...:laughing::laughing::laughing: I said never mind and drive off.... they probably hought I was an idiot and mistook BK for the taco bell next door. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Last edited:

I'm not even sure you can truly call Jack in the Box ones tacos. Tacos aren't supposed to be deep fried. But whatever they are, they're addictive. I remember for a long time they were 2 for 99 cents, but now the price is more like 2 for $1.29.

There are authentic fried tacos just not deep fried....those are my favorite things. ::yes:: be put the filling in the tortilla(chicken, beef, potato, even Turkey from Thanksgiving leftovers) and fry them in a pan...then you add all your toppings. Yummy...

There are authentic fried tacos just not deep fried....those are my favorite things. ::yes:: be put the filling in the tortilla(chicken, beef, potato, even Turkey from Thanksgiving leftovers) and fry them in a pan...then you add all your toppings. Yummy...
That's a quesadilla. :laughing:

Many many years ago the burger kings in northern Illinois had fried tacos during a limited time.
It did not sell as well as the company thought it would.
And only did it in some sections of the country.

I don't know how they could have said it was a failure as I ate there quite a few times a week for those tacos.

Hope what they are promoting now will be the same as I had eons ago.

Jack in the box fried tacos got my money also......

I want to try one just because I heard they taste like Jack in the Box tacos. Which brings me back to late nights as a teenager 40 years ago.

It's definitely not an authentic "Mexican taco" but they are pretty darn good. I like them better than the Jack in the Box ones. We've had them at some local Burger King's for years... they used to be 2 for $1 something though. :laughing:

Funny story, we went to a semi local BK drive thru years ago and I ordered 2 tacos and it was just silence....I quickly scanned the menu and said do you not have tacos? And the person sounded so confused and said No...:laughing::laughing::laughing: I said never mind and drive off.... they probably hought I was an idiot and mistook BK for the taco bell next door. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
What they have now seems like a national promotion, like the McDonald's Worldwide Favorites promotion. However, I found one that didn't have the Stroopwafel McFlurry.

I want to try one just because I heard they taste like Jack in the Box tacos. Which brings me back to late nights as a teenager 40 years ago.
I told my wife about it and she sent me out to buy 5 of them for the family. So I tried a couple and yeah in concept they're like Jack in the Box tacos. Not quite an oil slick so that's a positive. I like the sauce they use. They've more expensive though. For a bit more than that $5 I could have bought 8 at Jack in the Box. But I'm glad I tried it.

I also asked if they had any sauce for it (like Jack's) and was told that the only taco they have is already in them.

I've been to a few places that at least had freshly deep fried shells that were puffy like a taco salad shell. They also take an uneven shape by design. The El Pollo Loco chain had two crunchy chicken tacos, chips, and a drink for $5. Unfortunately they discontinued that item. There's a local taqueria near me that has something similar except with more meat options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter