Is this right? A Burger King taco?

Speaking of BK, our third one out of 4 just closed last week. The only BK left is in a bad part of town. Not worth going to even for that occasional time I might want a Whopper. A lot of chain fast food places seem to be closing around here (Atlantic County NJ) but we’ve still got pizzerias and sub shops out the wazoo! Chick-fil-A seems to be the only chain that’s expanding. All our Friendly’s and Arby’s are gone too. I don’t understand how Boston Market stays in business.
Same here. The McDonalds and Burger Kings were defacto homeless shelters. Caused them to lose much business until they closed

Because sometimes you just crave a good old fashioned Whopper with some bite sized onion rings, and nothing else will do. ☺
They do have some good onion rings. I don't eat them any other place but BK. The best is when someone else in our family orders them and I can snag one or two.

Most diners or family style restaurants have better onion rings. Just sayin’.
But maybe you’re just considering fast food burger joint onion rings...

That really depends. I don't tolerate onions well. The BK onion rings are predictably very mild and sweet. Perfect for me.

I just read an article that Chick Fil-A is set to be the #3 fast food place behind only McDonalds and Starbucks. So I think that's why Burger King is probably trying new things. I think I also read another article that McDonalds is really trying to find a chicken sandwich that can compete with Chick Fil-A.

Chik-Fil-A isn't even close to being in the top ten fast food restaurant chains in the world or in the USA (it's the 21st largest in the USA and much smaller world-wide). But all you need to do to make a chicken sandwich taste good is use MSG as the third ingredient, after chicken and salt, as is the recipe for their sandwich.

As to the topic at hand, living in Austin, one of the self-proclaimed taco capitals of the country with tremendous options on nearly every block, I don't think that I'll be rushing to try BK's tacos, but I will admit to a secret and shameful love for Taco Bell every once in a while...

There are plenty of articles saying Chick-fil-A is poised to become #3 in the USA this year.
Do you have a source that says it’s # 21? Not trying to argue but Chick-fil-A becoming #3 was all over the internet earlier this year in business and food news.

There are plenty of articles saying Chick-fil-A is poised to become #3 in the USA this year.
Do you have a source that says it’s # 21? Not trying to argue but Chick-fil-A becoming #3 was all over the internet earlier this year in business and food news.

By raw count of stores:

https://www.eatthis.com/biggest-fast-food-chains-america/
This one has it at #15, based on percentage of US market:

https://www.businessinsider.com/biggest-fast-food-chains-in-america-2018-6
Both lists are a year old, so CFA may have moved up a few more slots, but the point is even adding hundreds of stores a year, which is rapid growth, they are still years behind many of those in front of them.

CFA is definitely growing, and it's definitely growing fast, but it has a LOT of ground to cover before becoming #3, and doing so presumes a continuation of past growth trends to accomplish that. One only needs to look at how Subway, and McDonald's, and other chains leveled off and even started to decline to see that is far from guaranteed as markets get saturated, food trends change, and new concepts come to the market. As CFA expands out of the south, it may find that other regions of the country do not eat as much chicken, for example, nor do they eat it as often, so their more limited menu may not generate as much repeat business (a key factor in stability).

(Edited to fix link)

Thank you! 🙏

That proves you can’t trust everything on the internet.

So I wonder what stats they are using to put Chick-fil-A at #3 after McDonald’s and Starbucks?

They probably just use the variables that work for their argument. Total locations, total sales, total transactions, total cheeseburgers sold, total chicken sandwiches sold, or any other number that works in the favor for whatever argument is trying to be made.

Sure, regular onion rings from most other restaurants are great too. The thing is, I like Burger King's purely for the fact that, as I said before, they're bite sized, and sometimes I really appreciate just being able to pop an onion ring into my mouth without having to take a bite of a larger ring and have the whole onion slide out of the batter.

Sure, regular onion rings from most other restaurants are great too. The thing is, I like Burger King's purely for the fact that, as I said before, they're bite sized, and sometimes I really appreciate just being able to pop an onion ring into my mouth without having to take a bite of a larger ring and have the whole onion slide out of the batter.
I don't mind fast food onion rings, but frozen onion rings tossed in a deep fryer aren't the greatest. They tend to be rather heavy and there's more grease in the crust.

I like light onion rings made with panko-style breadcrumbs. A lot of sit-down restaurants have them. I've also tried making them myself with those breadcrumbs, beaten eggs, and flour.

I love being retired because I have all the time in the world to cook most things found at a fast food joint and it's usually a lot better and probably healthier. ;)

Chik-Fil-A isn't even close to being in the top ten fast food restaurant chains in the world or in the USA (it's the 21st largest in the USA and much smaller world-wide). But all you need to do to make a chicken sandwich taste good is use MSG as the third ingredient, after chicken and salt, as is the recipe for their sandwich.

As to the topic at hand, living in Austin, one of the self-proclaimed taco capitals of the country with tremendous options on nearly every block, I don't think that I'll be rushing to try BK's tacos, but I will admit to a secret and shameful love for Taco Bell every once in a while...

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/...st-food-chain-in-america-research-firm-claims
https://nypost.com/2018/12/17/chick-fil-a-on-track-to-become-no-3-fast-food-chain-in-us/

They’ve been back for a while, but it’s different now. Now it’s a slice of American cheese. All the locations around her that have it are two for $1.49. One particular location near me doesn’t carry it though. I’ve found it’s the most convenient item to order to take advantage of the weekly free fries promotion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts