Is this right? A Burger King taco?

I told my wife about it and she sent me out to buy 5 of them for the family. So I tried a couple and yeah in concept they're like Jack in the Box tacos. Not quite an oil slick so that's a positive. I like the sauce they use. They've more expensive though. For a bit more than that $5 I could have bought 8 at Jack in the Box. But I'm glad I tried it.

I also asked if they had any sauce for it (like Jack's) and was told that the only taco they have is already in them.
All of the Jack in the Boxes around here closed over 30 years ago.

Why would anyone go Burger King in So Cal when you have In & Out?
Better fries? With the right coupon I can get two Whopper Jr meals with drinks and small fries for $5 and tax. The same won’t even get me a cheeseburger, fries, and drink at In-N-Out.

Hmm..... we still have Jack in the Box here, also.
The Jack in the Box my family went to as a kid is still in the same location after 45 years. I even remember when it had the Jack head in the drive thru.

As for the tacos, eat now and regret later. They also have a late night menu that obviously is catering towards the stoner crowd.

Man, Jack in the Box tacos are delicious! - AND Burger King once had the exact same ones! It's true. It was back in the 90's sometimes and I was very happy because we don't have Jack in the Box around here. Anyway, these look different. They do not appear to be deep fried. Too bad really.

I think my kids single handedly launched this product. For whatever reason, the Burger King near us has had them as long as I can remember. No other BK in town, just the one by us. I've had them a couple times and they aren't terrible. They are greasy though. You have to be in the mood for crunchy greasy food.

Once a year, I just need a Whopper and I ask them to cut it in half for me.
I know there are so many better burger joints, but a Whopper hits the spot.
When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was so sick,in and out of hospital for hyper emesis and I would feel better after I was filled with IV juice and ask my husband to stop for a Whopper on the way home from hospital, he would fly there and watch me eat it with joy, cause he knew I wouldn't eat again for another week or so. My OB brought me one once when I was in for one of my many hospital stays, LOL

Need to try a taco!

I just read an article that Chick Fil-A is set to be the #3 fast food place behind only McDonalds and Starbucks. So I think that's why Burger King is probably trying new things. I think I also read another article that McDonalds is really trying to find a chicken sandwich that can compete with Chick Fil-A.

I just read an article that Chick Fil-A is set to be the #3 fast food place behind only McDonalds and Starbucks. So I think that's why Burger King is probably trying new things. I think I also read another article that McDonalds is really trying to find a chicken sandwich that can compete with Chick Fil-A.
They should invest in some peanut oil if they want to do that.

Speaking of BK, our third one out of 4 just closed last week. The only BK left is in a bad part of town. Not worth going to even for that occasional time I might want a Whopper. A lot of chain fast food places seem to be closing around here (Atlantic County NJ) but we’ve still got pizzerias and sub shops out the wazoo! Chick-fil-A seems to be the only chain that’s expanding. All our Friendly’s and Arby’s are gone too. I don’t understand how Boston Market stays in business.

Last edited:
Better fries? With the right coupon I can get two Whopper Jr meals with drinks and small fries for $5 and tax. The same won’t even get me a cheeseburger, fries, and drink at In-N-Out.
We ate at IN & Out recently, and bar none, those were the WORST fries I'd ever had. We couldn't even eat them.

You must ask for them "well done." They are much better that way!
The variety of potatoes they use aren't particularly well suited for the way they cook them. They cut them, rinse, then fry them. Kennebec potatoes can make good fries if they're blanched first, set aside, then double-fried. Well done helps a little bit, but for the most part In-N-Out isn't set up to store fries that have already been cooked once.

The variety of potatoes they use aren't particularly well suited for the way they cook them. They cut them, rinse, then fry them. Kennebec potatoes can make good fries if they're blanched first, set aside, then double-fried. Well done helps a little bit, but for the most part In-N-Out isn't set up to store fries that have already been cooked once.

Well, hey, they're not the greatest fries in the universe, but well done helps a lot. Animal Style can help too, but that's really just covering them up. It'll do though.

Last edited:
Well, hey, they're not the greatest fires in the universe, but well done helps a lot. Animal Style can help too, but that's really just covering them up. It'll do though.
I've ordered them well done, but it ends up more like a potato chip than it does fries. It gets crunchy all the way through. There's a right way to cook them, which takes a lot more time to prepare than a typically fast food place can achieve.

While Kennebecs are outstanding all-purpose potatoes, they are absolutely perfect for French fries and potato chips. With flesh that is firm and low in moisture, French fries made with Kennebec potatoes won’t become limp and soggy. Just the right amount of starchiness makes them brown up beautifully with an exceptional flavor that is both warm and nutty.​
The second requirement for the best French fries is the 2-step cooking method described in the recipe that follows. You may be tempted to try a shortcut and do it in one step, but they just won’t be as good. This is the classic, old-school way that French fries were made at every greasy spoon and diner across the country before frozen fries were introduced, and this is the way they’re still made by die-hard French fry freaks. The fries are first blanched in hot oil at about 300 degrees F, then given a second frying at a higher temperature to give them their classic, crispy-on-the-outside, tender-on-the-inside consistency.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!