Is this some big brother.......... stuff, or what?

Gumbo4x4

Note to the ladies who forgot to
So, I took about 20 photos of my hometown and posted them to a Facebook group. Among the photos were two pics of a mural that was painted recently. I made no comment on those pictures. About an hour later, I check my “people you may know”. Top of the list, the artist who painted the mural........

62a9a2a2095cf4a04143d4ab501a162c--person-of-interest-jim-caviezel.jpg

I was just thinking that same thing. Or if I search something on my computer at work and ads for it come up on my phone. How does that happen? :confused3

Is your phone an Android? And do you do Google searches? And do you have a Gmail address? Android is owned by Google. In order to download phone apps, you need Google Play. So that Google Play connects with the Google Search, which connects with Gmail to tailor your ads.

What really pissed me off is that I use my Gmail (also Google) to type up To Do lists for myself. Usually, if I need to buy stuff, it goes on the list. Several weeks ago, I needed to go to a few stores, so I even wrote at the top of one list: Dollar Tree. Not dollar store, but the actual name of the dollar store.

Two days later, I'm on my homepage for YouTube (also owned by Google.) Suddenly, I'm seeing video suggestions for Dollar Tree hacks. Not dollar store hacks, which I've seen before, but actual Dollar TREE. That's when I realized Google culled my private EMAIL/To Do List to give me YouTube suggestions. :furious: :badpc:

Is your phone an Android? And do you do Google searches? And do you have a Gmail address? Android is owned by Google. In order to download phone apps, you need Google Play. So that Google Play connects with the Google Search, which connects with Gmail to tailor your ads.

What really pissed me off is that I use my Gmail (also Google) to type up To Do lists for myself. Usually, if I need to buy stuff, it goes on the list. Several weeks ago, I needed to go to a few stores, so I even wrote at the top of one list: Dollar Tree. Not dollar store, but the actual name of the dollar store.

Two days later, I'm on my homepage for YouTube (also owned by Google.) Suddenly, I'm seeing video suggestions for Dollar Tree hacks. Not dollar store hacks, which I've seen before, but actual Dollar TREE. That's when I realized Google culled my private EMAIL/To Do List to give me YouTube suggestions. :furious: :badpc:
Nope iPhone and my work computer is a Mac so both Apple products. Other than being on the same wifi network while I’m at work they have no connection, so maybe it’s the shared wifi? No gmail account but yes to google searches. We renovated the clinic I work at and searched for and purchased many things on the work computer and the very things we searched for started showing up on my phone ads. So weird.

It’s like when you talk about a product with a friend in real life (haha) then the next day you see it as a sponsored ad in your newsfeed. Creepy.
Haha! I love this... at my work, we have a fairly small department on a shared network... SO... when the random ads start popping up, I like to try to match the ad with coworker.
RidEx...hmmm, I wonder who’s having septic problems...Viking cruise... haha, which one of us is planning that?

I'm not on FB but I get a lot of Disney stuff on my MSN homepage and my phone. I'm cool with that.:earsboy:

Nope iPhone and my work computer is a Mac so both Apple products. Other than being on the same wifi network while I’m at work they have no connection, so maybe it’s the shared wifi? No gmail account but yes to google searches. We renovated the clinic I work at and searched for and purchased many things on the work computer and the very things we searched for started showing up on my phone ads. So weird.

:eek: :scratchin

It’s like when you talk about a product with a friend in real life (haha) then the next day you see it as a sponsored ad in your newsfeed. Creepy.
You know they can listen to you through your phone. They've been able to do that for a while. My brother has a very high security clearance job. They cannot take their personal cell phones into their offices.

Haha! I love this... at my work, we have a fairly small department on a shared network... SO... when the random ads start popping up, I like to try to match the ad with coworker.
RidEx...hmmm, I wonder who’s having septic problems...Viking cruise... haha, which one of us is planning that?

That’s great!! I wish I would have thought of that before I switched to working from home. What a fun game! :rotfl2:

You know they can listen to you through your phone. They've been able to do that for a while.

Creepy. :thumbsup2

You know they can listen to you through your phone. They've been able to do that for a while. My brother has a very high security clearance job. They cannot take their personal cell phones into their offices.

I have a piece of painters tape over my laptop camera & mic. I did this before Mark Zukerberg said he does the same thing. That guy's got several billions and he relies on the tape, not some fancy blocking program he could have had his IT team figure out, to keep people from spying through the camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter