Is this too much of a gamble?

Tbiafore

Mouseketeer
AKL DVC owner...thinking of staying at BWV this time around (planned stay is ten days starting in last week of Jan 2014). However, I know that since its not my home resort, I cant book it until I am like 9 months out as opposed to the 11 if I was to stay at AKL....I need four rooms, is there a decent chance I will not be able to get in? Since I need so many rooms, I can really only swing the cost of the standard (no view) room.

Thoughts from those that have stayed at BWV other than their home resort?

You will have to wait until 7 months before to make the reservation. Because you need so many rooms,I would make a reservation as soon as you can at your home resort,that way at least you have rooms somewhere, then call or book online the first morning you are able and see what is available. Truthfully, I don't think your chances are that great to get so many standard view rooms, many will be reserved by BWV owners.

Could you combine into say a 2br and 1 studio? The points would be similar, and easier to reserve?

The other thing you could do is look for a trade on the rent/trade board.

I would imagine your akl points may be valuable to a boardwalk owner..... Especially if someone wants to travel over a holiday

I wouldn't count on getting 4 rooms in standard view at the BW at 7 months. That view goes very quickly to owners wishing to save points. You might be able to get a combination of preferred view and standard view if you have the points.

I wouldn't count on getting 4 rooms in standard view at the BW at 7 months. That view goes very quickly to owners wishing to save points. You might be able to get a combination of preferred view and standard view if you have the points.

Agree. You won't get four BWV standard villas at seven months out.

Thanks for the help everyone...I think I am just going to go with eeyoresmom suggestion and just reserve the AKL as a backup and if it works, it works...I may also look at the combo thing as you mention amypetecar, but not going to hold my breath...Either way, both hotels you cant go wrong with...its Disney after all :wizard:

That's what most of us do. Book AKV as soon as you can for Jan, so in a few weeks, then see what is available at 7 months at BWV. The 2 bedroom and studio may serve you better as you will have a full kitchen and laundry in the room. You are right though, as long as you're on property all is well:)

AKL DVC owner...thinking of staying at BWV this time around (planned stay is ten days starting in last week of Jan 2014). However, I know that since its not my home resort, I cant book it until I am like 9 months out as opposed to the 11 if I was to stay at AKL....I need four rooms, is there a decent chance I will not be able to get in? Since I need so many rooms, I can really only swing the cost of the standard (no view) room.

Thoughts from those that have stayed at BWV other than their home resort?

I think it is only 20% of the rooms that are standard view and they go pretty fast to owner (cause we like those cheap point costs), so I don't think the odds of you getting 4 standard rooms at BWV for 10 days in a row is very good for any time of the year.

And it is 7 months out you can book at non-home resorts, not 9 months.

I'd book your home resort at 11 months and then try to switch at 7 months.

Best of luck.

We managed to get a SV BWV studio at exactly 7 months out. Just out of interest I looked at availability immediately after I booked and there was no SVs left so I was obviously very lucky to get the last one, I think the chances of getting 4 rooms is almost none existent! We were booking for early September which is a quiet time.

I wouldn't book AKV and then have to cancel. That just takes time, I would wait for the 7 month and try to book what I really want. That's just what I would do.

I wouldn't book AKV and then have to cancel. That just takes time, I would wait for the 7 month and try to book what I really want. That's just what I would do.

Really? OP needs 4 rooms so obviously has others depending on him/her for something :lmao: there's no way I would wait until the 7 month window and try to get 4 rooms at the same resort for 10 nights. No way.

You could also try for 2 1-bedrooms. Those are historically the last to be booked. Good luck.

I would have to disagree with this advice. Besides trying to get mulitple rooms obviously for a number of people, and trying to get standard rooms I don't see it taking a lot of time to call at 7 months and having MS checking on this or putting it on a waitlist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter