Is this what it feels like to be fast? W&D runDisney TR 2018 (Updated Dec. 18th)

Great race recap. Sorry that it rained a little, I bet that made for really humid weather.
I loved Chip and Dale in the dino costumes and the Edna meet!

I also thought the mile markers were really cool.
Reading that this was one of your favorite races really makes me want to participate in it next year!

Awesome job on the PR! The humidity really got to me during the half and I struggled the last few miles. I saw the guy that you probably saw on the stretcher laying on a bench in China - scary stuff! Hope he is OK.

Kicking myself for missing Edna Mode! I don't know if she was on break when I went by, or if I was just so mentally done at that point that I missed her. Elvis Stitch though was a highlight for me!

The half course was the same as the Star Wars half in April - I like it a lot, especially going through Pandora in the dark!

Rope Drop Pro!

Since I got done so early/fast with the 10K I decided I would rope drop Hollywood Studios again! This was a non-EMH day so crowds would be a little different. There was a wait at the turnstile but not too bad. We actually were let inside DHS before the official park opening and led right to Toy Story Land.

I hopped in line for Slinky right away. Line stretched outside the ride entrance but it moved much quicker than the day before. I was actually at the boarding area 10 minutes before the park was scheduled to open.

IMG_4998 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

View attachment 367605

Off to Alien Swirling Saucers I went next. This would be my first time doing this one.

IMG_1078 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_8745 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4500 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The queue details were fun.

IMG_9026 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

My chariot awaits!

IMG_1489 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_5585 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4053 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The ride was fun for what it is. I enjoyed the music I definitely think it would be more fun with other people with you for the whip aspect.

Onto Toy Story Mania to complete the trifecta!

IMG_7057 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Long time no see Mr. Potatohead!

IMG_6642 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_7036 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Not my best score but not bad... I was best in vehicle.

IMG_2851 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The exit was probably one of my favorite themed parts of TSL.

IMG_1273 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

No selfie but I did take a picture of the popsicle stick wall.

IMG_2495 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

So I completed Toy Story Land within 40 minutes of the scheduled park opening. I though that was pretty good.

One more DHS ride before I would head out. A favorite of mine Rockin Rollercoaster!

IMG_2041 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I did single rider which was maybe 15 minutes?

IMG_6423 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

View attachment 367607

Then I headed out and to the boat launch.

IMG_4829 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6417 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I got off at the Yacht Club stop and walked to Epcot.

IMG_3267 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Rats coming soon!

IMG_7763 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And then it was time for a fun day of Food and Wine and maybe a Dis-meet up mixed in ;)

Up Next: Food, Wine, and Diser!

We are planning to rope drop at DHS during emh when we’re there and this makes me nervous. I read so many conflicting advice about using it not using the park offering emh. Do you think it’s ok to do?

Looks like you had a really great run! Congrats on your PR!

Love your character pics, as always, especially Elvis Stitch, Chip and Dale dinos, and Edna Mode! Awesome.

Great race recap. Sorry that it rained a little, I bet that made for really humid weather.
I loved Chip and Dale in the dino costumes and the Edna meet!

I also thought the mile markers were really cool.
Reading that this was one of your favorite races really makes me want to participate in it next year!

It was definitely warm but not terrible.

I definitely recommend trying runDisney!

Awesome job on the PR! The humidity really got to me during the half and I struggled the last few miles. I saw the guy that you probably saw on the stretcher laying on a bench in China - scary stuff! Hope he is OK.

Kicking myself for missing Edna Mode! I don't know if she was on break when I went by, or if I was just so mentally done at that point that I missed her. Elvis Stitch though was a highlight for me!

The half course was the same as the Star Wars half in April - I like it a lot, especially going through Pandora in the dark!

Yeah it was definitely warm. I hope the guy was okay as well.

Edna was off to the side a bit so if she was in break you probably wouldn’t have even known there was a character there.

I need to do Star Wars one of these days.

Elvis Stitch?:love:

Nice recap! Looks like a fun half.

Thanks!

We are planning to rope drop at DHS during emh when we’re there and this makes me nervous. I read so many conflicting advice about using it not using the park offering emh. Do you think it’s ok to do?

I think it’s fine to do. Just get there early and be ready.

Looks like you had a really great run! Congrats on your PR!

Love your character pics, as always, especially Elvis Stitch, Chip and Dale dinos, and Edna Mode! Awesome.

Thanks!

This race had some great characters.

I have done the Disneyland Paris Half and used to run the Expedition Everest 5Ks, just haven’t gotten around to a WDW half yet!
Ah ok! Paris is on my bucket list. I prefer this course but there is something special about running through the castle and Main Street during the Marathon weekend or princess course too.

Great Half & photos!
Yeah, every race there seems to be people who miss corral A or B and have to run up & get all mad they can't get in to their corral and have to start further back. Then they get pushy to get to the front. At the marathon I find it actually hysterical watching the A people miss the corral start and sprint to catch up, jumping the fence all in a panic instead of just joining a different corral.

Too bad Hook had gone in on you. It's so hard to judge if waiting is worth it as it could be a short wait or what seems like forever.

Great Half & photos!
Yeah, every race there seems to be people who miss corral A or B and have to run up & get all mad they can't get in to their corral and have to start further back. Then they get pushy to get to the front. At the marathon I find it actually hysterical watching the A people miss the corral start and sprint to catch up, jumping the fence all in a panic instead of just joining a different corral.

Too bad Hook had gone in on you. It's so hard to judge if waiting is worth it as it could be a short wait or what seems like forever.
Yep there were plenty of fence jumpers. Like unless you are going to try and win the whole thing there is no reason to right your way to the front.

Yeah due to how far the trailer was I decided to just skip it.

Ah ok! Paris is on my bucket list. I prefer this course but there is something special about running through the castle and Main Street during the Marathon weekend or princess course too.

The Paris course is really awesome, despite the majority of the race being out of the parks. There were so many locals out cheering runners on in the little town we had to run through. And my husband really loved the 10K course because it stayed in the two parks the entire time.
In addition to that, the way Paris handles their corrals is worth the international journey alone! With the way it was set up, I didn't have to leave my hotel room until 50 minutes before my scheduled start time. Sleeping in until 5:30 on a race day seemed outrageous to me...
All of this is basically to say that if you get the chance to participate, I would highly recommend making the long trip over to do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!