Is this what it feels like to be fast? W&D runDisney TR 2018 (Updated Dec. 18th)

43988381420_78a8c25972_k.jpg
Those ladies are holding on for dear life! They must have heard it was a rough ride, too LOL

Sounds like a very productive day at MK! Love the popcorn bucket and mug, but it is sad you missed the alien bucket :(

Flat Donald looks so cute! Can't wait to see you as Donald's twin!

Those ladies are holding on for dear life! They must have heard it was a rough ride, too LOL

Sounds like a very productive day at MK! Love the popcorn bucket and mug, but it is sad you missed the alien bucket :(

Flat Donald looks so cute! Can't wait to see you as Donald's twin!
It was!

Donald may look good but boy was he hot...

Hi Ryan, I'm joining in! Looking forward to your "investigative reporting". I had to laugh at your comment about your room placement and the Skyliner.
I really enjoy reading the Rumors and News board. Thanks for the effort you put into it!

I found it!

For this solo race-cation I stayed at the newly renovated Pop Century!

I can't wait to see these rooms in May!

I would have a layover because I wasn't paying $100+ more for a direct flight.

Huh, that's interesting. Anytime I fly Southwest out of Atlanta, it's more expensive to book a trip with a layover than a direct one.

A lot of people aren't fond of the expo experience

I will say I didn't enjoy my first expo but then from everything I've read, that was a very rough one. I definitely want to do the Wine and Dine 5K someday so I'm glad to hear it's a little calmer than the Marathon weekend one.

They have "I Did It" shirts for each race.

I still regret not getting one of these for the 5K in January.

I know some find this ride to be rough but I love it.

I think it's an age thing. I used to find Space Mountain to be a smooth ride but the older I get, the rougher it seems. :rotfl2:

I am hidden in there somewhere...

Worse spot for a ride photo ever!

Buy the Christmas popcorn bucket duh!

I'm tempted to try to get this one but it's so similar to the one from last year and I have that one. I'm not sure if it's worth trying to get one that is exactly the same except for a few colors.

I left and headed onto Sanaa!

Haven't tried this one yet but I would like to someday.

I couldn't not get the bread service. It was a lot for just myself to eat but I think I did okay with it.

:scared1: You definitely got your carb loading in there!

I stopped for a snack and the coveted Christmas resort mug that debuted that day as well.

So cute! Once again I was tempted since Pluto is on it but I have so many of those mugs and never use them.

Then it was finally time for bed. Here is a preview of the 5K outfit...

Love it!

Hi Ryan, I'm joining in! Looking forward to your "investigative reporting". I had to laugh at your comment about your room placement and the Skyliner.
I really enjoy reading the Rumors and News board. Thanks for the effort you put into it!

Thanks for joining in!

I found it!

I can't wait to see these rooms in May!

Huh, that's interesting. Anytime I fly Southwest out of Atlanta, it's more expensive to book a trip with a layover than a direct one.

I will say I didn't enjoy my first expo but then from everything I've read, that was a very rough one. I definitely want to do the Wine and Dine 5K someday so I'm glad to hear it's a little calmer than the Marathon weekend one.

I still regret not getting one of these for the 5K in January.
I think it's an age thing. I used to find Space Mountain to be a smooth ride but the older I get, the rougher it seems. :rotfl2:

Worse spot for a ride photo ever!

I'm tempted to try to get this one but it's so similar to the one from last year and I have that one. I'm not sure if it's worth trying to get one that is exactly the same except for a few colors.

Haven't tried this one yet but I would like to someday.
:scared1: You definitely got your carb loading in there!

So cute! Once again I was tempted since Pluto is on it but I have so many of those mugs and never use them.

Love it!

Usually it is cheaper to go direct as well from Milwaukee but for some reason Nov. 1st was a very expensive travel day.

I was very pleased with the expo experience for this weekend. You definitely had a crazy one as your first.

I don't have last year's bucket so I had to get this years.

I definitely recommend Sanaa!

I have so many of those mugs too but I got this one since it is different.

Donald has a twin!

Soon enough it was time to wake up for the 5K. I set my alarm for 2:45AM. I always like to be early rather than late. It was good that I was as well.

I have been running Disney events yearly since 2015 and usually stay Moderate or Deluxe for races but this is my first value race weekend. I had heard good things about Pop so that is why I chose it. I was amazed to see a huge line waiting for the buses. They had 3 buses sitting and waiting there empty. It was after 3AM at this point. At every other resort I have stayed at we have loaded onto the bus and just waited on the bus until it was full or time to go. This time was not the case. They waited until 3:30AM to even load us. People were not thrilled and I talked to someone in line who has stayed at Pop and said this is not the norm. I couldn't understand why it was like this. @Capang was on my bus as well.

Anyways onto the race! This race course is at Animal Kingdom whereas I am used to the typical Epcot 5K.

IMG_2349 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

It was much smaller than I was used to. Only two pre race character meets as well. I decided to get in the Mickey line since it wasn't bad.

While in line I saw @Dis_Yoda in line for Minnie Mouse.

IMG_9915 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6516 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

After that I headed over to my corral. I was in corral A this time and have never been that high before so I was excited to experience that for a runDisney race.

IMG_4587 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The race started at 5:30AM

IMG_2615 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The first mile was pretty much running through the parking lot into Animal Kingdom.

IMG_5041 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

First character meet was Meeko!

IMG_6515 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The Tree of Life Awakenings were happening

IMG_5792 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Next we ran into Pandora which was an incredibly cool experience!

IMG_3221 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

This photo was with the Flaska Reclenatta at the front of Pandora but you can't really see it.

IMG_6483 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Rafiki was next outside Festival of the Lion King!

IMG_6514 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then onto Dug and Russell!

IMG_6513 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

No riding Everest at this race...

IMG_0754 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Pluto was next!

IMG_6481 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Made it to mile 2!

IMG_3761 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Next was the guy I was hoping would be out! Donald Duck!

IMG_3879 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6479 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Donald said it was like looking in a mirror!

I believe I heard @Disney at Heart and her husband call out my name around here but couldn't see because it was dark.

These people running in front of me were all Beauty and the Beast characters.

IMG_3920 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

We ran by the floats for Rivers of Light

IMG_1925 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 3!

IMG_5539 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And that was it!

IMG_6613 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Running in that Donald costume was very hot. I was glad I wore it for the 5K and not a longer race. My favorite race announcer John Pelky quacked as I crossed the finish line.

Here are photos from during the race...

IMG_6512 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6511 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6508 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6484 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6482 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6475 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6472 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Up Next: Let's Rope Drop Toy Story Land!

What a fun race!!! When I stayed at Pop in January, the bus loading was really fast and totally seamless, so I'm sorry it took so long for you!!

I would love to run a race at Animal Kingdom. Looks like lots of good characters, surprisingly no rare ones??

You looked great as Donald!! :)

What a fun race!!! When I stayed at Pop in January, the bus loading was really fast and totally seamless, so I'm sorry it took so long for you!!

I would love to run a race at Animal Kingdom. Looks like lots of good characters, surprisingly no rare ones??

You looked great as Donald!! :)
Yeah thats why I was confused about this race. I had heard good things about Pop.

No rare ones but some good outfits on the characters.

Thanks!

Love the Donald costume! You got some wonderful character shots as well. Running out of the A corral sounds great too. Were the character lines shorter?

Love the Donald costume! You got some wonderful character shots as well. Running out of the A corral sounds great too. Were the character lines shorter?
Character lines were fantastic! I loved running from A. I stopped for pretty much every photo op and mile marker and finished the 5K in roughly 43 minutes.

They waited until 3:30AM to even load us.

Yikes! I would have been going nuts. I hate being late.

This race course is at Animal Kingdom whereas I am used to the typical Epcot 5K.

I really want to do this race just to run through a different park than Epcot.

I decided to get in the Mickey line since it wasn't bad.

Cute! Love his farmer outfit. It looks similar to the one he wears at Garden Grill.

Next we ran into Pandora which was an incredibly cool experience!

Yep, definitely need to do this race.

Donald said it was like looking in a mirror!

Love it!

These people running in front of me were all Beauty and the Beast characters.

OK, those are some crazy costumes! That Belle dress alone..... :faint:

Yikes! I would have been going nuts. I hate being late.

I really want to do this race just to run through a different park than Epcot.

Cute! Love his farmer outfit. It looks similar to the one he wears at Garden Grill.

Yep, definitely need to do this race.

Love it!

OK, those are some crazy costumes! That Belle dress alone..... :faint:
I was definitely not happy with it but knew I wouldn’t be the only one late.

Yes I really liked this course. Probably more than the Epcot one although I love running through Epcot with the torches on.

I can’t imagine running in a dress like that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter