Is this worth the extra money

bcsmom

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of booking a value resort to get the free dining package. I already have my trip planned for the BC, but I was going to give the room to a family member to use at the value resort, so I could use the free dining. I was going to use the tickets that I buy to just upgrade & buy my AP. Does that sound like a good deal or should I just forget the dining plan?

I would personally forget about it. There's no way I'd down grade to a value for a dining plan that really isn't going to save me that much money in the long run, but that's just me :)

Oh I was not going to downgrade to the value, I was going to let my mom take that room for free since I would not need it. She is not really interested in the dining plan, because they are not big eaters. So I was going to just give them the room at the value resort, so I could use the dining plan.

How would that work though? Wouldn't your name have to be on the ressie and when you book with CRO for the dining plan it has to be purchased for all in the room for the duration of the stay.

Because the dining plan is coded on the room keys it would be too confusing/difficult to use the free dining from relatives staying at a value resort that you paid for their reservation.

You would need one of their keys for "paying" for meals and what if they had to change rooms or keys?

Too hard ,too confusing. Not playing by the rules.

Could you stay at BCV on rented points and add on dining? Not free but still a great deal if you want to eat a lot onsite.

Can't catch all the deals, some you just have to let go.

Yeah I guess it would be pretty confusing. I am not staying on rented points anyhow, I am a DVC member so I am using my own points for the BC. I was going to bring my mom along anyway, & I was paying for her room. I just thought maybe I could use the dining since, she probably would not really use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!